Opinions on what type of templates/themes you might want

Doge

Jan 12, 2012
I was wondering, what type of themes would you like to be available more? I have done work on Aardvark Topsites briefly and I have got the hang of it now, I can look into Wordpress, I can do standalone HTML templates and themes for custom CMS'.

What is it people want the most, here?

HowToHayden

Oct 16, 2013
At DevBest I would imagine that Habbo is still the most popular section, but if you're looking for things to code then take a look at requests section. I'm sure they'll be some web templates there. Alternatively if you make general modern, clean templates then you could sell them on ThemeForest. For example if you take a specific section of industry like Electricians or Musicians/Bands then you could create templates to sell on (Obviously the more specific the more difficult to sell unless you have a buyer in mind or it's generalised/customisable). If you're looking specifically at existing CMS templates then I would definitely say look into Wordpress and possibly Joomla?

Doge

Jan 12, 2012
At DevBest I would imagine that Habbo is still the most popular section, but if you're looking for things to code then take a look at requests section. I'm sure they'll be some web templates there. Alternatively if you make general modern, clean templates then you could sell them on ThemeForest. For example if you take a specific section of industry like Electricians or Musicians/Bands then you could create templates to sell on (Obviously the more specific the more difficult to sell unless you have a buyer in mind or it's generalised/customisable). If you're looking specifically at existing CMS templates then I would definitely say look into Wordpress and possibly Joomla?
I have been looking at Aardvark topsites and I really like the way it's easily customisable, I'm not that into Wordpress, I've looked at it before and I just don't like the way it's coded like shortcodes and stuff. I should really get into that mind and develop for Wordpress, only that's my problem. Never honestly looked at Joomla, used it once when starting out to see what it's like a few years ago but disliked the admin, I can imagine others also dislike it. I may set up a subdomain on my website design company with templates for sale, possibly with links to Themeforest if they're accepted in to themeforest, not going to lie I really hate uploading things to Themeforest because after all that work it's having to screenshot every bit of detail. I'd prefer to do Aardvark topsites if people on here would buy, or general templates to sell on my own site I think.

HowToHayden

Oct 16, 2013
I've never really used Joomla, I just know it's a CMS that can be customised with templates which is what you asked, I think Wordpress is way more popular and customisable. Doubt many people will buy Aardvark themes. I think either take another look at Wordpress themes, or like you said set up a sub-domain and sell them independently. I only suggested ThemeForest because they get lots of traffic where as you'd have to generate your own traffic be it from here or elsewhere. I think that'd take more effort and work than Press ALT and Prt Scr. :)

Good Luck with whatever you choose to do.

Users who are viewing this thread