Nintendo Wii 'U'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
Nintendo has officially launched its next-generation gaming console at E3 2011. Ditching the rumoured ‘Nintendo’ name in favour of ‘Wii U’, the latest gadget from Nintendo is like nothing we’ve seen before. Sure, the Nintendo Wii U’s hardware looks set to impress, but the feature that steals the show is the new console’s controller, and as expected it features a touchscreen display. A big one!
If someone enters the room and watch the television, you can carry on your game regardless, enjoying gaming on the controller’s 6.2-inch screen. But don’t call it a portable console – Nintendo president Satoru Iwata insists the controller is not a console itself.
The controller will also be able to function as a mini-map. You could be playing a first-person shooter, or an RPG game and see enemy positions, or points of interest on the controller’s screen.
Along with the big screen, the controller features an accelerometer, gyroscope, rumble features, an inward-facing camera, a microphone and speakers. As buttons go, there are two analogue circle pads, a directional control pad, A/B/X/Y buttons and, L/R and ZL/ZR shoulder buttons.
The console itself, like the PS3 and Xbox 360, will deliver full high definition graphics, and it’ll also offer backwards Wii Remote and accessory compatibility and be able to play all Wii games.
Source:

I personally think this is a brilliant idea on Nintendo's part, if they were to make it a standalone it just wouldn't work as it would be too similar to the Nintendo DS but using it as a second contoller for shooters, tactical games etc. is fantastic. What do you think?

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Personally, I think that the whole concept is stupid. I can't imagine holding a screen in my hand just to play a game on a bigger screen.

Also, imagine if you raged and threw that controller - that's gonna suck.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Personally, I think that the whole concept is stupid. I can't imagine holding a screen in my hand just to play a game on a bigger screen.

But were not all named Josh Foskett?

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010

Totally agree.

Its a completely pointless 'device', yeh it may come in hand if your a hardcore game, but then again most games have a minimap built in with the touch of a button.

When i first saw this, i thought it was going to be a console. In theory, this is the worst of the worst for Nintendo

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
Kso, If I had to take a controller to my cousins house, my little cousin would just eat the shit out of it, cause it's so big lol. It's a quirky design, let's see if it is popular with us gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread