Need Habbo Retro Developer

Ali Saied

Jun 3, 2011
Im looking for someone who knows what vps to buy and someone who can code as well. It is very important that i find one straight away.

iGlenn

:)
Jul 21, 2015
in that case i would recommend a 2gb vps for a beginner hotel then as your hotel starts becoming more popular and grows more users you can upgrade your vps if needed, here are a few sites with pretty cheap vps to save you trouble :up:
xHosts.uk
CheapWindowsVPS.com
VPSBarn.com
Hostsavor.com
you may be able to get away with just a 1gb vps to start off but if you can afford it i would atleast go for a 2gb one

JMS

Posting Freak
Aug 25, 2014
Im looking for someone who knows what vps to buy and someone who can code as well. It is very important that i find one straight away.

For a stater hotel, I would recommend you use a 4GB RAM Plan, allowing burst - However, I would not recommend you go below a 2GB Plan, otherwise lag will be an issue.
Sites I suggest:
(OVH Reseller)

(OVH Reseller, however only Canada DC)

in that case i would recommend a 2gb vps for a beginner hotel then as your hotel starts becoming more popular and grows more users you can upgrade your vps if needed, here are a few sites with pretty cheap vps to save you trouble :up:
xHosts.uk
CheapWindowsVPS.com
VPSBarn.com
Hostsavor.com
you may be able to get away with just a 1gb vps to start off but if you can afford it i would atleast go for a 2gb one

Do you not look at anything lmao? VPSBarn is gone, account/web hosting has been suspended - presuming they're not to return.
@Brought

Ali Saied

Jun 3, 2011
Thanks for all your replies. By dev I meant someone who can code for me. And by vps I have bought some in the past but they somehow don't work for me or at least I dont know how to operate them

iGlenn

Jul 21, 2015
For a stater hotel, I would recommend you use a 4GB RAM Plan, allowing burst - However, I would not recommend you go below a 2GB Plan, otherwise lag will be an issue.
Sites I suggest:
(OVH Reseller)

(OVH Reseller, however only Canada DC)

Do you not look at anything lmao? VPSBarn is gone, account/web hosting has been suspended - presuming they're not to return.
@Brought
a 4gb vps is definitely not needed for a person just starting out imo, i've used a 2gb vps in the past and never had a lag issue + his hotel will not reach Habboon's, Rise or Peace's heights so making him pay so much for a 4gb vps is not necessary and just wasting his money really, like i said start off with a 2gb vps and as you start getting a stable amount of users then upgrade your vps if needed.

JMS

Posting Freak
Aug 25, 2014
a 4gb vps is definitely not needed for a person just starting out imo, i've used a 2gb vps in the past and never had a lag issue + his hotel will not reach Habboon's, Rise or Peace's heights so making him pay so much for a 4gb vps is not necessary and just wasting his money really, like i said start off with a 2gb vps and as you start getting a stable amount of users then upgrade your vps if needed.
You compare a 4GB VPS too hotels like Peace and Boon? For real, these hotels don't run on VPS's. They run on dedicated servers, and besides the fact - lets be honest, its <$10 difference between 2GB and 4GB.
And for your examples, my hotel runs off a dedicated server. We're not even open, were running a risky game I know, but the unique content should be enough to attract users, and the extras soon to come, when we open :)

iGlenn

Jul 21, 2015
You compare a 4GB VPS too hotels like Peace and Boon? For real, these hotels don't run on VPS's. They run on dedicated servers, and besides the fact - lets be honest, its <$10 difference between 2GB and 4GB.
And for your examples, my hotel runs off a dedicated server. We're not even open, were running a risky game I know, but the unique content should be enough to attract users, and the extras soon to come, when we open :)
mate if you can read i never said those hotels ran on vps and never compared a 4gb vps to their amount...i was just making an example. I just said there is no point in a guy who is just starting out and most likely doesn't know how to run a hotel let alone create one to pay for 4gb of ram when really all he needs is 2gb at most, i realize it's just a 10$ difference but that money can come in handy for other things such as a proxy, domain, protection etc as there is no point in running a hotel if your hotel is not protected and keeps getting attacked :p but hey i'm not trying to be mean or anything i'm just putting my 2 cents in, if he has the money he can do whatever really

iGlenn

Jul 21, 2015
Sledmore's emulator is built to run on a dedicated machine. Do not buy a cheap 2GB memory VPS, it'll lag at 10 users.
really? i know a lot of hotels that use plusemu and run on a 2gb vps, when i ran a hotel i had about 20 users online daily and i ran on a 2gb one with no lag or problems but to each his own i guess.

JMS

Posting Freak
Aug 25, 2014
really? i know a lot of hotels that use plusemu and run on a 2gb vps, when i ran a hotel i had about 20 users online daily and i ran on a 2gb one with no lag or problems but to each his own i guess.
Seriously? The emulator @Sledmore released is used on Boon, Boon has around 700 daily - its not hard to apply the knowledge.

iGlenn

Jul 21, 2015
Seriously? The emulator @Sledmore released is used on Boon, Boon has around 700 daily - its not hard to apply the knowledge.
not understanding what you're saying, emu's can be used on any server, dedi or a vps, plus emu can even be ran on your pc. hundreds of people use plusemu on a normal vps, i myself have used plusemu on a 2gb vps without any problems. hell i have a localhost hotel using plusemu running on my pc, not everyone can afford a highly expensive vps or a dedicated server.

Users who are viewing this thread