XBOX Need for Speed Underground 2

Silver

Aug 17, 2016
Hello DevBest users, I am looking in your forum and see that there are retro, oldies and discussion of games so I want to bring up a thread about NFSU2 because I have a problem. However in game you can see bridges that lead to nowhere, a overhead road that is cut off in the middle of the map and several road links, buildings, lights outside of map that is a entire city unused. I want to know if we were ripped off, RRP would have been £30/50 at the time, I enjoyed playing it in my childhood but ever since the new releases of NFS has not been up to standards of NFSU2 in my opinion. If there is accessible areas outside of map or it has been undeveloped due to having to make it within release date deadline then I want to know, because there is definitely a bridge from mainland to a island, that is broken in the middle and I want to play this. I don't want to see blunt replies 'it is the way it is' but I just want to know - was it planned to be bigger than it was and for a really good game, I can't help thinking the roads are too narrow or the map is too small, I could probably race round the motorway full circle in less than 5 minutes. Also that the story, it could easily be completed in a day on easy setting. But the story has no impact on the game whatsoever, it seems really lazy engineering of having races over and over again rather than letting the races have impact on the storyline or letting it branch out to different options for a different ending. I want to see more insight with what actually happens throughout the story in the game, rather than seeing cutscene of a blurry comic art and a whiny voice (Rachel) talking informing us what happens, this and that. I have tried looking online and in stores for a NFSU2 guidebook so I could follow the story and in game things but nothing. For a big game at the time, there was no culture or proper discussion around it, it was just race in and race out. I hope there are other users that feel the same about this thread and could help me out with some facts, or share their love for the game maybe? I do love the game, I know it is PS2 and made in 2004 but at the time they had GTA Vice city and World of Warcraft so there was no reason for it to not keep up to date.

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
Ever heard of paragraphs?
anyhow, yeah Nfu2 was the best need for speed they've created. If it had updated graphics people would still play it today.

Users who are viewing this thread