Mini Apple iPhone rumoured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
Apple must really be feeling left out of the Mobile World Congress fun, as the latest iPhone rumour to cross our path seems to be one of the most outlandish yet.
Still, it’s from the Wall Street Journal, so we need to take it fairly seriously. According to the WSJ, Cupertino is not far from releasing a mini iPhone – one that’s about half the size of the current iPhone 4, and a good bit cheaper to boot.
The story claims that Apple is looking to increase its sales and widen the scope of its smartphone presence, especially with Google’s Android increasingly dominating at the lower end of the market.
Unlike the current iPhone, the mini version would be heavily network-subsidised, creating the never-before-seen scenario of an iPhone going for free on relatively cheap contracts.
That all said, there’s little evidence in anything we’ve seen so far in the iPhone’s lifetime that Apple is in any way thinking of launching a second model, especially one that dilutes the iPhone’s high-end appeal. We’ll not cast a final judgement just yet, but even the esteemed WSJ gets things wrong sometimes.
Source; The Gadget Show -

Well I think this would be a great idea as it would be cheaper and at the moment only the higher classes can afford the very expensive contracts that they charge or the £400+ it costs to buy the handset, now it would be available to people with limited budgets to enjoy the many features of Apples iPhone.

J4M3S

Feb 3, 2011
Half the size of an iPhone? The size of an iPhone is almost the same size as other touch screen phones. What is the purpose of making a phone half the size of an iPhone?

-J4M3S

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
Half the size of an iPhone? The size of an iPhone is almost the same size as other touch screen phones. What is the purpose of making a phone half the size of an iPhone?

-J4M3S
It'll be cheaper, probably have a better battery life and therefore more user efficient for an everyday phone rather than a fancy gadget

J4M3S

Feb 3, 2011
It'll be cheaper, probably have a better battery life and therefore more user efficient for an everyday phone rather than a fancy gadget

I know what you mean but you might as well get an iPhone rather than one half the size of it. I doubt you can enjoy all the cool features the iPhone has with that little thing.

-J4M3S

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
I know what you mean but you might as well get an iPhone rather than one half the size of it. I doubt you can enjoy all the cool features the iPhone has with that little thing.

-J4M3S
That's exactly the thing though, not everyone can afford an iPhone..

J4M3S

Feb 3, 2011
That's exactly the thing though, not everyone can afford an iPhone..

I don't think you're getting my point here.
Half the size of an iPhone means having a smaller keyboard, smaller screen which means smaller videos.
Not really up for that, just saying :l

-J4M3S

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
Look at the new iPod Nano
x9GjsYiPdtOUAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
nano-silver-gen6.jpg

It has a small screen but a lot of apps still support it..
And the videos are still good quality

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
I would rather buy the original iPhone, but this isn't a bad idea.
The purpose of this is to make it buyable for people who don't have much money, as will be cheaper plus it may have better battery life. So it would be a good phone to carry around.

I like the idea but I wouldn't buy it myself unless I was in need of a phone and didn't have much money.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
If I was in need of money and a phone, I probably wouldn't go for one of these. I would get something cost effective that worked well.

OFT: 400th Post

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
I don't think you're getting my point here.
Half the size of an iPhone means having a smaller keyboard, smaller screen which means smaller videos.
Not really up for that, just saying :l

-J4M3S

Not if they keep the screen as it is, a picture explains more than a thousand words -
Another picture -
But, there's also a rumor about a sliding keyboard iPhone, I don't think they'll have a smaller screen, would be pretty dumb IMO.

If I was in need of money and a phone, I probably wouldn't go for one of these. I would get something cost effective that worked well.

OFT: 400th Post

That's the point, making it more "cost effective".

Jasper

Feb 12, 2011
Well, I like the iPhone how it is, but if Apple really want's to do this I think it's great.
Also, some people probably couldn't afford the regular iPhones so they might just go out
and buy a Mini. I would do the same thin IMO.

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
I know what you mean but hopefully, as ofcourse it's not in production, we will see as much features as possible from the iphone with more battery life and cost effective. Also the size of the original iPhone is quite as a phone is generally ment to fit in a pocket and although it fits in some, it needs to be all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread