PC Minecraft: Oculus Rift

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Pretty cool, there's something released for this I'm sure but notch said he's cancelled the oculus rift contract when Facebook bought lol

Ept

Many men wish death upon me.
Jun 16, 2011
Pretty cool, there's something released for this I'm sure but notch said he's cancelled the oculus rift contract when Facebook bought lol
Correct. He confirmed he'd be withdrawing Oculus support, and removed it in the latest update. He's pretty pissed they sold to FB and didn't develop something cool themselves, lol

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Correct. He confirmed he'd be withdrawing Oculus support, and removed it in the latest update. He's pretty pissed they sold to FB and didn't develop something cool themselves, lol

While it would've been good if they done it themselves, having £2billion in your face..would persuade me anyday haha but I don't think Facebook will mess with it really, they just want to 'own it'

Ept

Jun 16, 2011
While it would've been good if they done it themselves, having £2billion in your face..would persuade me anyday haha but I don't think Facebook will mess with it really, they just want to 'own it'
Do you realize how much they'd would've been worth if the product lived up to the hype? They would be a giant in an upstart category (Virtual Reality).

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Do you realize how much they'd would've been worth if the product lived up to the hype? They would be a giant in an upstart category (Virtual Reality).

I guess it would've been pretty big if it lived up to expectations like you say. But who knows and it's still getting developed anyway,did the creators stay on at the company when it got bought out? If imagine they didn't tho lol

Ept

Jun 16, 2011
I guess it would've been pretty big if it lived up to expectations like you say. But who knows and it's still getting developed anyway,did the creators stay on at the company when it got bought out? If imagine they didn't tho lol
They did. How cool would it have been if Valve bought Oculus man... just imagine.

olliedean

ollie.cool
Jan 28, 2013
Since Facebook bought it every dev got mad and now Facebook is only realising it for things like hay day

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread