MD5 TO SHA1

OMRetros

Sep 25, 2014
How can I convert password in core from MD5 to SHA1? I got a new cms that is in md5 but my user accounts are in SHA1. Help would be appreciated.

New CMS (MD5/BCRYPT):
Code:
class User
    {
        public static function checkUser($password, $passwordDb, $username)
        {
            if (substr($passwordDb, 0, 1) == "$")
            {
                if (password_verify($password, $passwordDb))
                {
                    return true;
                }
                return false;
            }
            else
            {
                if (md5($password) == $passwordDb)
                {
                    $updateUserHash = DB::Query("UPDATE users SET password = '".self::hashed($password)."' WHERE username = '".filter(DB::Escape($username))."'");       
                    return true;
                }
                return false;
            }
        }
        public static function hashed($password)
        {   
            return password_hash($password, PASSWORD_BCRYPT);
        }
        public static function validName($username)
        {
            if(strlen($username) <= 12 && strlen($username) >= 3 && ctype_alnum($username))
            {
                return true;
            }
            return false;
        }
OLD CMS - SHA1:
PHP:
function ValidateUser($username, $password)
    {
        return mysql_num_rows(dbquery("SELECT null FROM users WHERE username = '" . $username . "' AND password = '" . $password. "' LIMIT 1"));
    }

function UserHash($password, $username)
    {
        return sha1(md5($password) . strtolower($username));
    }

function HasNewCrypto($username)
    {
        if(mysql_result(mysql_query("SELECT newcrypto FROM users WHERE username = '" . $username . "'"), 0) == "0")
        {
            return true;
        }
        return false;
    }

function CryptoValidate($username, $password)
    {
        return mysql_num_rows(dbquery("SELECT null FROM users WHERE username = '" . $username . "' AND password = '" . $password. "' LIMIT 1"));
    }
My objective is to have the new CMS working with my old accounts securely. I do not want to be hacked and I heard md5 is not secure. Thank you!

JynX

Posting Freak
Feb 6, 2016
Just change the way passwords are made/changed in the classes from md5 to what your database is at, which you said was SHA1, and change the way they are read for login and you should be good.

OMRetros

Sep 25, 2014
Just change the way passwords are made/changed in the classes from md5 to what your database is at, which you said was SHA1, and change the way they are read for login and you should be good.
I tried but Im unsure how. I tried changing the md5 to SHA1 but it still doesn't work.

JynX

Posting Freak
Feb 6, 2016
Well your old cms is using SHA1 and MD5 as seen in a piece of the code: return sha1(md5($password)
On your new CMS change the stuff that is like this: if (md5($password) == $passwordDb) to something like this:
if (sha1(md5($password)) == $passwordDb)

OMRetros

Sep 25, 2014
Well your old cms is using SHA1 and MD5 as seen in a piece of the code: return sha1(md5($password)
On your new CMS change the stuff that is like this: if (md5($password) == $passwordDb) to something like this:
No luck bro I tried changing.
Anything that maybe needs changing here?
PHP:
{
                    $updateUserHash = DB::Query("UPDATE users SET password = '".self::hashed($password)."' WHERE username = '".filter(DB::Escape($username))."'");       
                    return true;
                }
                return false;
            }
        }
        public static function hashed($password)
        {   
            return password_hash($password, PASSWORD_BCRYPT);
PHP:
public static function login()
        {
            global $config,$lang;
            if (isset($_POST['login']))
            {
                if ($_POST['hiddenField_login'] == hiddenField())
                {
                    if (!empty($_POST['username']))
                    {
                        if (!empty($_POST['password']))
                        {

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Hey man, what you should consider doing instead, would be using their password functions: password_verify() and password_hash(). And well, consider cleaning the shit up, because there's a lot of unneeded coding inside there. Aswell as all CMS contain deprecated mysql_. mysqli a must, bit pdo is the shit. It's also easy to fraud and fake a user through sessioning. When the user gets logged in, it sets sessions from the users table in db, BUT there's none sort of authentication key, like match against password. It's so dann unbreachable.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
I tried everything man it just doesn't want to work.
Sorry man, but you should find a new CMS, whoever made that, is a bunch of noobs who doesn't care about xss or sqli's. For the record, I would recommend using PDO. I can paste some code ina few minutes on how mine works.

Totally wrong. Hashing passwords with sha1 that's already hashed with md5 is stupid lmao.

Here's how I have done it in my CMS:
For hashing the password's when users register, I've done something similar to yours:
PHP:
final public function hashed($password) {
        return password_hash($password, PASSWORD_DEFAULT);
    }
And for validation passwords when user logs in, I've done this:
PHP:
final public function passValidation($username, $password) {    
        global $db, $core;
        $conn = $db->PDO();
        try {
            $stmt = $conn->pdo->prepare('SELECT `password` FROM `users` WHERE `username` = :u LIMIT 1');
            $stmt->bindParam(':u', $username, $db->PARAM_STR);
            $stmt->execute();
            if(password_verify($password, $stmt->fetchColumn())) {
                return true;
            }
            return false;
        } catch(PDOException $e) {
            die($e->getMessage());
        }
        $conn = null;
    }
Oops, please bear in mind, that I'm using class-oriented PDO, and not mysql or mysqli.
Just use:
PHP:
      return true;
}
and switch out
PHP:
$stmt->fetchColumn()
with whatever users stored password in db is.

Anyway I'm just wondering, if I am really the only one with a hotel, which is not a complete shitload of deprecated coding?

Anyway, if you want to convert md5 into sha1, devbest is probably not the best way to ask a question. A simple Google search gave you the answer:

OMRetros

Sep 25, 2014
Sorry man, but you should find a new CMS, whoever made that, is a bunch of noobs who doesn't care about xss or sqli's. For the record, I would recommend using PDO. I can paste some code ina few minutes on how mine works.

Totally wrong. Hashing passwords with sha1 that's already hashed with md5 is stupid lmao.

Here's how I have done it in my CMS:
For hashing the password's when users register, I've done something similar to yours:
PHP:
final public function hashed($password) {
        return password_hash($password, PASSWORD_DEFAULT);
    }
And for validation passwords when user logs in, I've done this:
PHP:
final public function passValidation($username, $password) {   
        global $db, $core;
        $conn = $db->PDO();
        try {
            $stmt = $conn->pdo->prepare('SELECT `password` FROM `users` WHERE `username` = :u LIMIT 1');
            $stmt->bindParam(':u', $username, $db->PARAM_STR);
            $stmt->execute();
                return true;
            }
            return false;
        } catch(PDOException $e) {
            die($e->getMessage());
        }
        $conn = null;
    }
Oops, please bear in mind, that I'm using class-oriented PDO, and not mysql or mysqli.
Just use:
PHP:
      return true;
}
and switch out
PHP:
$stmt->fetchColumn()
with whatever users stored password in db is.

Anyway I'm just wondering, if I am really the only one with a hotel, which is not a complete shitload of deprecated coding?

Anyway, if you want to convert md5 into sha1, devbest is probably not the best way to ask a question. A simple Google search gave you the answer:
Pretty much man some people do not know how to code including myself sadly hence why some hotels aren't the best. I just do not have the time or willingness to learn. I appreciate you assisting me, however I think I'll just stick with my current cms.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Pretty much man some people do not know how to code including myself sadly hence why some hotels aren't the best. I just do not have the time or willingness to learn. I appreciate you assisting me, however I think I'll just stick with my current cms.
Sure man, just pm me if you got any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread