Recruiting Looking for PHP Developers & Database 'Experts'.

Jump

You are beautiful beyond comprehension
Feb 16, 2011
Hello, I'm Jordan.
Today I'm looking for PHP Developers and Database Experts to take part in an exciting new project to develop a new type of CMS for Habbo Retros. In truth, it is actually already out and very well known and used, but not in regards to Habbo Retros.

While this is a more hobbyist and fun project, limited payments can be made, which will be agreed upon between you and myself.

I'm sure this has captured your interest already... but what is this CMS and why does it trump all others before it?
This is why:
  • Advanced Frontend and Backend user system.
  • Possibility of Profile, Groups, etc with the use of the plugin system (we're getting to that).
  • A plugin system with already thousands of plugins available, ranging from integration of 3rd party applications to expansion of the user system, and more.
  • News/Post System
  • and much more!
This CMS is Wordpress.

Now let's go on about me...
The reason I cannot do this is because I'm no coder, at all.
However I can offer the following towards this project:
  • Coordinate our efforts and manage the flow of development, using trello and other websites.
  • Provide additional funding where needed.
  • Ensure you have a sufficient platform to develop on, i.e. a virtual environment for testing and execution.
  • Much more.
At this moment, I'm only looking for two coders, and one database expert.
If this sounds like something for you, drop me a private message.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
I seriously want to know why if you're looking to start a project this big with 3 developers (Which if you're only to pay LIMITED for this type of project, nobody is going to sign up who actually knows how to develop), why the hell would you want to do it with Habbo Retros? Why not make a CMS that could be transferable to anything , easy to install, and dynamic enough that you could use to for a variety of things whether it be a private server for Habbo, RS, MS, etc. For example;
Let the user decide what table its under (Users, Accounts or anything else) that user data is stored.
Have them provide you with the 3 main fields (ID, Username, Password (Maybe Email))
Have your code dynamically grab that (While still maintaining security)

And this idea could be wide spread all in 1 configuration file (Organized Neatly).

Jump

Feb 16, 2011
@JayCustom
What you're suggesting is pretty much what Wordpress already is, the only thing it is not used for right now is retros.
In terms of the funding, most developers (non habbo) in our days are looking for £200+ a week for development, simply not a realistic possibility for me.

I do like your idea, but this can be achieved with Wordpress for almost anything by creating a bridge plugin.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
@JayCustom
What you're suggesting is pretty much what Wordpress already is, the only thing it is not used for right now is retros.
In terms of the funding, most developers (non habbo) in our days are looking for £200+ a week for development, simply not a realistic possibility for me.

I do like your idea, but this can be achieved with Wordpress for almost anything by creating a bridge plugin.
Never used WordPress and I want to start looking into that. Thanks for letting me know :)

Jump

Feb 16, 2011
@JayCustom No problem, it's fantastic... but if you're looking for something more advanced I highly suggest Drupal which also has a plugin system.

@Devjam
That would be privately discussed between you an I, and will be dependent on the work you're able to do... i.e. Let's say you tell me I can do this, that and that. You say how much you need to do it, and we start from there.

How much you get is a private agreement between you and me, which should not be discussed with other members of the 'team' (if there is more than just myself and someone else).

Users who are viewing this thread