Lets start a hotel together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banksy

Mar 22, 2013
Hey all,

My name is Darren. After stepping away from retros for a couple of years, I've made the decision to try and bring a hotel back to life and I was wondering if anyone could give me a hand or join me to revive it.

A little background on me:
I began playing Habbo in 2006 and I got involved in private servers a year later. Like many, i've started countless hotels that didn't attract anyone. However, i've also been involved in a couple of well-run and successful hotels (one being Zebbo Remix).

I haven't been involved in hotels recently so I'm obviously lacking a little knowledge considering how they were ran. I am confident that when it becomes public, it will succeed. :)

Have a great day,
Darren

Wesleigh

Hi.
Dec 30, 2011
Are you looking for someone to fund the hotel? Or to actually help code it? Few people are willing to fund a hotel with someone they've never talked to before. If the funding is joint, then I might be interested.

Banksy

Mar 22, 2013
Are you looking for someone to fund the hotel? Or to actually help code it? Few people are willing to fund a hotel with someone they've never talked to before. If the funding is joint, then I might be interested.

Hey Wesleigh,

I aren't looking for someone to fund it. If it becomes a success and runs smoothly for a while, I will look at moving to a VPS or relevant permanent location but I will figure that out when the time comes and maybe come to an arrangement with the other party.

Right now, I'm speaking about bringing it together. I'm easy to work with and I think i've learnt enough to finally create a successful community. Anyone (including yourself!) who shares this vision is welcome to approach me!

Have a great day,
Darren

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
So, Your Saying that you havent bought anything and you would like a partner to help create this hotel and help grow this small future hotel into a big and successful hotel...?

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
Hey Wesleigh,

I aren't looking for someone to fund it. If it becomes a success and runs smoothly for a while, I will look at moving to a VPS or relevant permanent location but I will figure that out when the time comes and maybe come to an arrangement with the other party.

Right now, I'm speaking about bringing it together. I'm easy to work with and I think i've learnt enough to finally create a successful community. Anyone (including yourself!) who shares this vision is welcome to approach me!

Have a great day,
Darren
So you are hosting it on localhost? Thats a bad idea.. Buy a VPS to become more successful

Banksy

Mar 22, 2013
So, Your Saying that you havent bought anything and you would like a partner to help create this hotel and help grow this small future hotel into a big and successful hotel...?
I am saying that, yes. And if it does prove to become successful, I will spend necessary money to keep it running effectively.

So you are hosting it on localhost? Thats a bad idea.. Buy a VPS to become more successful
It will be hosted locally to begin with. I recently wiped my PC free of everything for the sole purpose of running a hotel. I'll be using IIS too for added protection and security. A VPS will come. :)

Wesleigh

Hi.
Dec 30, 2011
Banksy, I'd happily help you edit the CMS, and the Emu, but unfortunately I will not be playing much.

Lee_01

Jun 28, 2012
If it becomes a success and runs smoothly for a while, I will look at moving to a VPS

Bad idea. A hotel MUST be on a VPS or Dedicated server from the start for security reasons and convenience.
We're in the era of servers, not localhosts and hamachi. You can get a 1GB RAM VPS for as little as $10/11 some places. It's well worth the investment and it will be so much more secure than a computer.

Also means if you're running the hotel off of your computer, you've got to have a good internet speed, you've got to leave it turned on all the time eating up your electricity and also if your hotel gets attacked then you will have no internet at home.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
I am saying that, yes. And if it does prove to become successful, I will spend necessary money to keep it running effectively.

It will be hosted locally to begin with. I recently wiped my PC free of everything for the sole purpose of running a hotel. I'll be using IIS too for added protection and security. A VPS will come. :)
You can still get hacked/DDoS'd.. hosting on your network is a bad idea.

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
Seriously pal, I'm going to give you some advice. Never, ever run a hotel if you do not have any money and are running on localhost to try and gain money, it will not work. VPS' for retros you can get for $7 to start with.

Trust me, never run on a home network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread