Joomla vs. WordPress

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
The past few days I've been fucking around with Joomla and WordPress. So, now I wanted your opinions on which one is the best. Function wise, code wise, is it user-friendly, etc.

When you post a comment, also tell why the one you choose is the best.

Myself, I prefer WordPress above Joomla. Its alright to work with, has a lot of functions, and its fast. Joomla however, I know it has loads and loads of functions - but in my opinion Joomla is too messy. They want to much.

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Joomla, joomla has a really great code, easy to read, easy to use, it's also noob friendly and has a great layout, but not just that, Joomla has loads of other plugins as you said wich doesn't come by default with the package but can downloaded solo, Joomla is easy to install and easy to use.

Long time since i'v used it or looked at it, but when i did it was just the best (to me).

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
Wordpress because its just so much easier for me to use and its neater and easier to find themes for.

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
They are both crap IMO. But Wordpress is more of shitty blogging, as Joomla! is a shitty CMS.

NSA

sudo apt-get thefuckout.tar.gz
Dec 9, 2011
WordPress seems easier to use. There's a lot of plugins etc... and it's easy to navigate through the pages.
I haven't really done much with Joomla.
Joomla seems to be better for web development stuff while WordPress is generally easier for blogging.
I heard that eBay uses Joomla in their intranet.
Joomla has around +6,000 plugins available whereas WordPress has about +12,000.
WordPress has very good SEO, which I guess would make it easier for you to get known etc...
Joomla has some good free Templates available where WordPress has some stylish, nicely created Themes which aren't too hard to find.
Joomla also has a good community -- you have a better chance of finding someone to help you with Joomla than WordPress.
I guess it just matters about what you prefer.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
If you really have to pick any, go for wordpress. Has a sweet mods section and it's simple for any type of noob. It is also a lot easier to customize - imo.

Users who are viewing this thread