Is this gaming pc worth it?

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011

Let me know, I need something good that I can play games without a problem. I'm not sure so let me know if it's worth it or not.

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
You can buy a better processor & more RAM for $450. You can also get a refurbished build off NewEgg for $450 which has better specs. I did that, and then swapped all the parts out with new ones as I got money.

DingLyDellmeister

To Ding, or to Dell.
Aug 21, 2011
Nope. I got a computer with 3.3 GHz processor and 16GB of RAM for only a little more than that.

EDIT: Roughly $545.83 - quite a bit more than I thought but still

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011
What about this?

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
I love how most people just think higher the number before the Ghz the better. :p

It's the cores and whether or not all 2 or 4 cores are actually being used. And yes, GHz does matter. I'm not going to buy a 2.3GHz dual-core processor if I've got money to buy a better one.

But I see where you're coming from. No sense in spending a lot more on an i7 when an i5 is just as good. But yea, just my opinion.

Vinnie

Dec 20, 2012
It's the cores and whether or not all 2 or 4 cores are actually being used. And yes, GHz does matter. I'm not going to buy a 2.3GHz dual-core processor if I've got money to buy a better one.

But I see where you're coming from. No sense in spending a lot more on an i7 when an i5 is just as good. But yea, just my opinion.
Notice i said the word "just"

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
I think i am going to go ahead and build my own going to microcenter now but i've never done a water cooling system but im thinking about it

Good choice. Building your own guarantees your computer a good life span.

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011
Yeah I didn't have enough time to get to microcenter was 8:30 when I left the mall and they close at 9 so is their any specific part's you recommend? What should I go with AMD or Intel i5/i7 ? Let me know of a good graphic card and all.

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
Yeah I didn't have enough time to get to microcenter was 8:30 when I left the mall and they close at 9 so is their any specific part's you recommend? What should I go with AMD or Intel i5/i7 ? Let me know of a good graphic card and all.

Okay time to let out my tech knowledge.

Firstly, I'm going to be honest. My entire custom build is AMD. Not going to brag, but I've got an AMD motherboard, 1 GB HD Radeon 7770 GHz Edition GPU, 8GB G.Skill Sniper Series RAM, AMD Athlon Dual-Core Processor (literally ordered the AMD Phenom II x4 965 Deneb Black Edition 3.4GHz Quad-Core processor, last night) plus all my other parts which aren't by AMD of course. I've not experienced any problems, even with this half ass processor. My computer is fast as hell, stable for gaming, and suits my needs. As far as temperatures, I could see better however my HDD gets the hottest and my processor temps stay really low (I could do with a better fan and heat sink or even water cooling). I've also bought a new monitor last night to see what my graphics card is really capable since I'm currently using a DVI to VGA converter on this shit monitor. Anyways, the only game I've had trouble with is Far Cry 3. Not sure why, but the screen just turns black and says the display does not meet your resolutions (assuming they're saying the resolution is too high for my monitor). But games like MW3, LoL, and all that.. I play on the highest res without a problem or overheating. So there's my input on AMD. People say bad things about them, but they're good for graphics and what not. If you pick out a good enough processor, motherboard, RAM, and GPU - you'll be good. Also, AMD parts are a lot cheaper than Intel.

Now, people say Intel is way better. Coming from someone who's using AMD, I can agree on that statement. Intel is obviously better on stability and performance. I have no personal experience with Intel except for the shit computers at school, but that doesn't count. I just know from being around computers all my life that they are indeed better. As far as the i7 vs i5. I'm pretty sure i7 is obviously better, but you can still have an i5 and it will be just the same as the i7. Same as I said for AMD, just depends on what parts you go for. It's all personal preference.

My opinion in all this, is if I were to sell my AMD build, I'd go after an Intel build but have better specs than what I'm on now. But if you've got the money, build your own computer. You'll be guaranteed better computer quality, longer computer life, and so forth. I used to think 1GB of RAM was so good when I was younger. I'd want to buy a PC off Craigslist. But one day, I just decided to save my money and buy a refurbished AMD computer off NewEgg. It had a shitty motherboard, PSU, and on-board graphics. But as I continued saving, I swapped out parts each time I had enough money. Once I get my processor in, I can say my build is complete. Haha, been working on it since June of 2012.

That's all I've got to share. Sorry if I seem like I'm bragging or what not. Was just trying to let you get an image of what I'm working with as far as AMD goes. If you give me a budget, I may be able to get you together a nice build. However, not a good one for under $600(ish) unless you're not in need of a monitor or HDD.

Users who are viewing this thread