is an emulator the same as a server?

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
I guess so, since on old versions of Habbo retros, they call the so-called emulators today "server" like Debbo and others. But can be considered I guess?

There are few of those you're finding for:
  • Phoenix Emulator by Aaron/@Sojobo : It has a licensing system so you will need to buy a license subscription on the rival forum (hyperlinking not allowed sadly)
  • RevEMU which is still being worked on by : It will be open-source but unsure whether it would be using the latest version of Habbo (rumoured R63B)
There are nulled/cracked emulators around but I do not recommend you to use them.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
I cannot link the forum to you using this forum but pretty sure I could on other ways (Facebook, Yahoo.. or simply another forum which has nothing to do with that rival forum)? :)

HaulzeHQ

Nov 15, 2011
My Definition of Emulator:
  • An application that can basically emulate or mirror any other computer, video game, mobile cell or anything else in that criteria.
A server, basically provides a overly managed and accessed computer (or program) that allows you to run basically anything you want for a given amount of time. Usually ran 24/7 to allow access at any time the user feels.
So with that said, I would probably say that they're not exactly the same, they have multiple differences but it depends how your looking at it. In this case, your talking about an emulator that runs the retro's client. Which really isn't a SERVER but it is, depending on your vocabulary. In certain standpoints, it would be and emulating server but you would need to have something to host it with which in turn could be used as a server, externally. It's a tricky path to walk down. You must understand that if this wasn't in the Habbo Help & Support section, you would most likely get a different answer.

Users who are viewing this thread