iPhone 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexFallen

Developer
Jul 19, 2011
Hey,

So I heard that Apple is releasing iPhone 5 on September 12, 2012. Does anyone know of this for sure? Also, would that mean that iPhone 4 would be free?

Hejulaa

Apr 23, 2012
I've never known Apple to give the previous generation iPhone for free when a new generation comes out.

AlexFallen

Developer
Jul 19, 2011
I've never known Apple to give the previous generation iPhone for free when a new generation comes out.
When iPhone 4S or 4 (dunno which) came out, iPhone 3GS was free. (1 cent for 2 year activation)

Hejulaa

Apr 23, 2012
You can get the iPhone 4 and 4s "free" now with contracts, you have been able to since the phones were released.

SkeetEmUp

Habpl.us
May 16, 2011
iphone-5-event.jpeg

12 = Date it is happening
Shadow of 12 = 5... iPhone 5 ;)

Reactions: Ept

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
From what i believe the iphone 5 is not out on the 12th but a conference will be held on that day similar to the likes of WWDC which introduced the new iOS6, Mountain Lion & The new Macbook Retina

There are more rumours that the iphone 5 will be available to pre-order on the 14th to then be released on the 21st, this is all rumours from online tech sites.
My personal guess is that it will be an october release date as thats when the 4S was released and apple tend to have a 12 month release based on previous devices

To those that mentioned the holographic keyboard, these were concept rumours that spread across youtube like wildfire, from what i have read/seen, these appear to be rumours with no actual proof of it being in the finished design.

My comments above may be wrong, but from when i last checked, the above were correct

AlexFallen

Developer
Jul 19, 2011
From what i believe the iphone 5 is not out on the 12th but a conference will be held on that day similar to the likes of WWDC which introduced the new iOS6, Mountain Lion & The new Macbook Retina

There are more rumours that the iphone 5 will be available to pre-order on the 14th to then be released on the 21st, this is all rumours from online tech sites.
My personal guess is that it will be an october release date as thats when the 4S was released and apple tend to have a 12 month release based on previous devices

To those that mentioned the holographic keyboard, these were concept rumours that spread across youtube like wildfire, from what i have read/seen, these appear to be rumours with no actual proof of it being in the finished design.

My comments above may be wrong, but from when i last checked, the above were correct
Ah alright. Because I was reading and saw that Apple might actually release earlier this year. That they won't release in October like everyone expects, but in early september. IDK Tho.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Ah alright. Because I was reading and saw that Apple might actually release earlier this year. That they won't release in October like everyone expects, but in early september. IDK Tho.
Yes i have read that to on various tech sites, but then again those are just rumours.
We will find out on the 12th at the conference

RyanMK

Still alive
May 27, 2010
78de5_iphone5casing1.jpg
iphone5bw.jpg

This is all but confirmed to be the iPhone 5 design, various images all with the same style have been popping up over the web for the last 6 months.

As for the screen, it's a huge improvement for all those video nerds who want to see their iTunes content in full 16:9 aspect ratio. Surprisingly Apple have changed the charge/sync connector which I don't think will be popular as all existing docks/cables/addons will not be compatible. Another change is the location of the headphone jack which now resembles the position of the iPod touch at the bottom of the device.

The design itself has slightly changed from the 4/4S notably the height of the device to accommodate that 4 inch screen. Though the refresh is obviously inspired by previous generations of the device including the antenna design. The device has a new two tone thing going on with the back cover which looks rather snazzy and looks less prone to damage.

Only time will tell if this is confirmed to be the design, but by the looks of things, it is. Oh and Apple fags, I don't care if I spoilt you precious cult day.

SkeetEmUp

Habpl.us
May 16, 2011

Ughhhh. I want the new iPhone but I don't know if I like the two tone going on. One color fully silver would be really cool but I just don't like it like that. I heard they can't have metal cause of antenna issues?? But it would look so much nicer than this two tone thing imo.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
We find out tomorrow :D iPhone 5 will be announced tho, I'll only be getting if it has significant changes

Lounge

#dat habbo nigga
Apr 12, 2012
78de5_iphone5casing1.jpg
iphone5bw.jpg

This is all but confirmed to be the iPhone 5 design, various images all with the same style have been popping up over the web for the last 6 months.

As for the screen, it's a huge improvement for all those video nerds who want to see their iTunes content in full 16:9 aspect ratio. Surprisingly Apple have changed the charge/sync connector which I don't think will be popular as all existing docks/cables/addons will not be compatible. Another change is the location of the headphone jack which now resembles the position of the iPod touch at the bottom of the device.

The design itself has slightly changed from the 4/4S notably the height of the device to accommodate that 4 inch screen. Though the refresh is obviously inspired by previous generations of the device including the antenna design. The device has a new two tone thing going on with the back cover which looks rather snazzy and looks less prone to damage.

Only time will tell if this is confirmed to be the design, but by the looks of things, it is. Oh and Apple fags, I don't care if I spoilt you precious cult day.

If this are the new iPhone, this is ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread