Inkse.com ~ Customly developed forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integers

Soon to be Developer!
Sep 22, 2012
What is Inkse.com?
Inkse.com is a brand new forum, coded & developed by epic, here at inkse.com we make sure we are different with a custom coded forum system which is incredibly fast and secure. Inkse.com is part of a huge regime of products which is called inkride.com. More will be added to inkse.com at the moment this is just a prototype of what the real version is gonna be like​
What is Inkride?
Inkride is a service that allows you to connect to our products. At the moment Inkse is our only website but we are building other products which you can use with Inkride.​
Is it free to use Inkse?
Yes! It's totally free to use. In the future we plan to have a cheap premium which allows users to have a coloured username and other special features and we are hoping to charge £1 a month. This is optional.​
What else can I expect to see on Inkse?
At the moment we're building a social feed so when you add people as friends you can keep up to date with their life.
As part of the feed we're including a photo, forum, blog and updates product.
What is the difference between a thread and a post?
A thread is like the start of a discussion or conversation and a post is a reply. You can start threads on inkse forum by first clicking on the forum category of your choice, for example: . You then click on and type out what you want to discuss.
Does inkse store passwords?
When anyone registers an account with inkride we store your password in encrypted form. We never store sensitive information raw. Even people who work for Inkride and Inkse can't find out your password.

Only you can change your password. If you forget your password, we cannot change it for you.​
How long do I have to be inactive for to be offline?
1 hour. We calculate activity based on unique thread views. If you stay on the same thread for an hour you're still classed as inactive even though you're posting.​
screenshot:​
bd0c3cac05cb462eaba5449.png

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
This is nice! Awesome theme for the forum and I kinda like that some parts are unique, like the popup boxes when you register/login.

DaLightz

See ya'll in the afterlife.
May 19, 2012
I must say this is quite nice! Have you created an administrative panel for it yet?

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
Is this an advertisement for another forum or the forum software?

DaLightz

May 19, 2012
Yes we do have an admin panel also customly coded

My friend coded this and I'm the community manager
Are you guys planning on releasing the forum here on devbest? This seems like one of the best free forum software i've seen yet. (Besides MyBB)

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
IF you are not releasing or selling the forum software then you are simply advertising another forum which is against the rules

Integers

Soon to be Developer!
Sep 22, 2012
We are considering releasing it in the near future but at the moment we would rather keep it for inkse if you understand.

DaLightz

May 19, 2012
We are considering releasing it in the near future but at the moment we would rather keep it for inkse if you understand.
That's completly fine. But the point you are creating a thread without any release/development is against the rules of Devbest. It's considered advertisement. So i recommend you delete the thread before you get an infraction from someone. :/

Integers

Soon to be Developer!
Sep 22, 2012
That's completly fine. But the point you are creating a thread without any release/development is against the rules of Devbest. It's considered advertisement. So i recommend you delete the thread before you get an infraction from someone. :/
Ok well thank you for the warning regardless

Integers

Soon to be Developer!
Sep 22, 2012
Ok thank you for your opinion, how would you improve it?

SkeetEmUp

Habpl.us
May 16, 2011
I like this although I don't like the popup windows for login and shizz. Should be released :)

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
I love it, I think it's great.

As said before by someone else, quite possibly the best free forum software I've ever seen in my life.

I love the theme, the functionality is great, the only thing that I actually dislike is the new windows for login/register. It would be better if they were handled with jQuery dialog boxes or something.

Integers

Soon to be Developer!
Sep 22, 2012
Thank you for your posititve &
the reason we have a pop up login box is because the login is handled on a different server
as the site is hosted by 2 dedicated servers

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
This looks promising, has the forum software been developed from scratch?
Also if this 'forum' is going to rival devbest i will have to close this thread

Also do you plan on releasing this? free or licensed?

Integers

Soon to be Developer!
Sep 22, 2012
This looks promising, has the forum software been developed from scratch?
Also if this 'forum' is going to rival devbest i will have to close this thread

Also do you plan on releasing this? free or licensed?

a: Yes this was developed from scratch.
b: We have no plans on rivaling with anyone if anything we would rather help you then rival with you
c: We haven't thought about that yet as we haven't decided if we are defintelly releasing it

Reactions: Kaz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread