IIS Error

iProdigy

Jun 11, 2011
Hello,

I recently just setup my hotel and after editing the config file, I'm given a Server Error (listed at the bottom of the post). I've been told its due to my web.config, but I'm unsure. Any help/tips would be much appreciated.

Server Error
Internet Information Services 7.0
Error Summary
HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.
Detailed Error Information
Module​
IIS Web Core​
Notification​
BeginRequest​
Handler​
Not yet determined​
Error Code​
0x8007000d​
Config Error​
The configuration section 'rewrite' cannot be read because it is missing a section declaration​
Config File​
\\?\C:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config​
Requested URL​
Physical Path​
C:\inetpub\wwwroot​
Logon Method​
Not yet determined​
Logon User​
Not yet determined​
Config Source
3: <system.webServer> 4: <rewrite> 5: <rules>
Links and More InformationThis error occurs when there is a problem reading the configuration file for the Web server or Web application. In some cases, the event logs may contain more information about what caused this error.

Eronisch

Web Developer
Jan 1, 2011
I'm not familiar with IIS, but it looks like it has something to do with rewriting urls.
Like instead of index.php it makes the url /index, is there something wrong with your .htacces file or did you forget to install a rewrite module?

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
I'm not familiar with IIS, but it looks like it has something to do with rewriting urls.
Like instead of index.php it makes the url /index, is there something wrong with your .htacces file or did you forget to install a rewrite module?

I'm too not so good with IIs,but i think IIs don't read from the .htaccess it reads from web.config,and have you tried to install the helicon ape ?!

Users who are viewing this thread