IDEA - DevBest Radio ?

Dec 2, 2011
Hi guys,

I have an IDEA: I am a DJ, I love DJing so i am thinking: Should we make a Devbest Radio, like we play Songs. chat about Stuff, Habbo Related, Forum Related. News ETC.. What do you guys think ?

It will be Shoutcast Off-course, plus we can also do promotion/ advertisements on radio (charge money, goes towards devbest off-course if you want to advertise on the radio).

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
No habbo!

Anyway the whole "community" idea is good but everyone has different tastes in music here it'd be constant arguments and abuse, can't see it working :p

Dec 2, 2011
Ohh yea for Sure, that's why i made this Thread too get your Ideas, plus off-course we have a Request/ Shutout Form, where anyone can Request Shutouts, Music they want to listen. It will be Professional and Organised. Also the Radio Player wont be on a Separate Webpage it will combined into the Forum, just below or Above the chat-box. In my opinion we should give the Radio another go, what does staff, Users, everyone think about this ?

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
I'll say a few things:
  • Yes it has potential, that is of course if it's done right. You could even have podcast sort of things about Technology, Coding and development, Gaming, NOT FUCKING HABBO with certain members of the forums.
  • You'd need proper DJ's who actually know what they are doing, proper mics and equipment, not kids who claim to have experience but really they just DJ for habbo related shit.
  • A GREAT variety in music, like Sysode said everyone has a different taste
  • Set times for talk shows about the topics listed above but constant music
Also this could be fully free using Mixlr { , i have used it and know some people who use it and it works perfectly fine.

Than again I can also see this not working but to be be honest I'd listen to it if it was here especially podcast sort of things.

Dec 2, 2011
Hmm for Sure, thanks for all your Feedback. I really would love to get this started, and Great support from the Community. Who agrees with me we should Try or Test this out again ?

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
Hmm for Sure, thanks for all your Feedback. I really would love to get this started, and Great support from the Community. Who agrees with me we should Try or Test this out again ?
I doubt you'd get this "started", I think the staff would be in charge of that and plus it probably won't happen.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Forget about the 'podcast' type thing, that won't work. Nonetheless I think it'd be cool for staff to play music if they want, it's not a bad idea but it isn't a great one either.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Not a fan of this idea.

Had a radio in the past, barely got used.
Habbo over the radio? I hate the section, why would I want to listen to people 'talk about habbo', is that even possible?
Chat about forum related stuff? How does this work? Surely changes/plans start off from staff discussion.
The radio is open to abuse, one of the 'djs' gets pissed off and advertises another forum/whatever, no thanks

Pointless, waste of time, not gonna work

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
It has been suggested quite a few times. Though personally I think it would be fun to do, most of the people are not a fan of it.

Snappy

^^^^UpHosting^^^^
Aug 29, 2013
Great idea especially the advertising thing we should make it a plugin so people dont have to go to a specific page to listen to it

Users who are viewing this thread