ICT: Coursework Assignment work

Kawaii

Jul 24, 2014
To be blunt, it looks... shit.

The colours do not compliment each other - simplicity is often admired with advertising nower days. The font for OwePhone(?) I can barely read and looks extremely outdated. The shadows are a no no. Pull everything back, simplify it. The phones look squashed however that may just me being used to bigger screens. As someone who advertises and glorifies yourself as a graphic designer, this is not very good at all.

Jump

You are beautiful beyond comprehension
Feb 16, 2011

The colours do not compliment each other - simplicity is often admired with advertising nower days. The font for OwePhone(?) I can barely read and looks extremely outdated. The shadows are a no no. Pull everything back, simplify it. The phones look squashed however that may just me being used to bigger screens. As someone who advertises and glorifies yourself as a graphic designer, this is not very good at all.
Ignore this guy, he's so far up his own arse his eyes are covered in shit and cant tell the difference.

Lighten the background up and it'll make a nice advertisement. To get some extra points you can make it in different banner sizes. Try to rework the text, it's a bit choppy.

Owen

Mar 20, 2013

I totally agree with your comment here, in our coursework we're not aloud downloaded fonts due to copyright and shit like that. The text looks easilable read though, I can see it from a mile and it looks alright. There isn't alot of fonts anyway to change it to due to copyright. I can see what your coming on with your feedback and I respect you for that, I'll post my improvements soon when I've finished it all.

Ignore this guy, he's so far up his own arse his eyes are covered in shit and cant tell the difference.

Lighten the background up and it'll make a nice advertisement. To get some extra points you can make it in different banner sizes. Try to rework the text, it's a bit choppy.
Thanks for the feedback, I literately agree on lighting the background up a little bit more hense it seems a more dark advertisement. I think im liking the biograph text but Imma try improve to 'OwePhone' font.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
I totally agree with your comment here, in our coursework we're not aloud downloaded (Allowed to download) fonts due to copyright and shit like that. The text looks easilable (is easily) read though, I can see it from a mile and it looks alright. There isn't alot of fonts anyway to change it to due to copyright. I can see what your coming on with your feedback and I respect you for that, I'll post my improvements soon when I've finished it all.

Thanks for the feedback, I literately agree on lighting the background up a little bit more hense it seems a more dark advertisement. I think im (I'm) liking the biograph text but Imma (I am going to) try (to) improve to 'OwePhone' font.

Now that I am done correcting your illiteracy (Which next time you should use devbest's auto correct system), here is what I think:
>> Font doesn't match today's advertising, as already mentioned. Looks childish instead of professional.
>> Apps are not correctly aligned
>> "Your very own smartphone" sounds stupid as fuck seeming that 90% of phones today are "smartphones"
>> No Copyright? Yet this image is the fucking iPhone...

and I am pretty sure it's still copyright if you grab an image off Google, slightly edit it from the original iPhone design, and say you made it...

"Great for me since I love doing graphics, bad for people that can't do them"

Take your own advice and enjoy your C

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Why are you avoiding font faces because of copyright? There are hundreds of free open fonts out there, most of which allow for multi-use - even the ones that aren't 100% open only restrict you to use the fonts commercially, which you are not. Don't restrict yourself to system fonts where its okay to be using a majority of the free fonts out there - just be sure to check their licensing terms.

Jump

You are beautiful beyond comprehension
Feb 16, 2011
I totally agree with your comment here, in our coursework we're not aloud downloaded fonts due to copyright and shit like that. The text looks easilable read though, I can see it from a mile and it looks alright. There isn't alot of fonts anyway to change it to due to copyright. I can see what your coming on with your feedback and I respect you for that, I'll post my improvements soon when I've finished it all.

Thanks for the feedback, I literately agree on lighting the background up a little bit more hense it seems a more dark advertisement. I think im liking the biograph text but Imma try improve to 'OwePhone' font.
Actually you can use various of fonts for non-commericla purposes, traditionally it would be a problem but as its for an academic purpose, it's not. If your teacher says anything say you used all resources you had to your disposal, he/she wont beable to argue that.

Users who are viewing this thread