I have an idea for threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronus

Cerberus Founder/Developer
Jul 19, 2013
I was thinking...

If there is a xenforo addon to add people to be able to edit the owners post like Post permissions so someone can edit the post?

Brackson

卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍
Jun 20, 2013
If you're talking about how StackExchange allows people to peer-edit other's posts, I sort of like this idea.

Cronus

Jul 19, 2013
I mean like if someone is founder of a site that person should be able to edit the main post..

Permissions by owner of thread..

Spoderman

y u do dis 2 me
Jun 30, 2013
I've seen this on a forum before, it's a good feature, great for GFX Shops and such, but wouldn't see how it would benefit DevBest much.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Sounds like a gateway to chaos.
If your 'partner' one day decides to stab you in the back and you are offline, they could cause problems which then us mods will have to deal with the situation.

If you have a project with a partner, whats wrong with both posting in the same thread?

Linkestt

Truth is treason in the empire of lies
Nov 8, 2013
Sounds like a gateway to chaos.
If your 'partner' one day decides to stab you in the back and you are offline, they could cause problems which then us mods will have to deal with the situation.

If you have a project with a partner, whats wrong with both posting in the same thread?

I totally agree. In the future staff will get a hell of complaints.

Cronus

Jul 19, 2013
I just think it would be an idea

And if someone were to fuck up it would back it up auto know what I mean?

Brackson

卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍
Jun 20, 2013

I don't support the idea because it wasn't what I thought it was. If there was a system like StackExchange has, it would create less spam, especially in the Habbo Support section. But I don't think that can be done without drastically editing the system and making it more like vB5.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010

How would it auto back up? It wont know if someone messed with it, it can't analyze the data and determine if it's crap or not.
I don't like the fact that you've messed with your "partners" many times and now try and get something like this in place. It's so not worth the extra crap that will come with it.
If the OP can't update the thread regularly, let the partner create it.

Ept

Many men wish death upon me.
Jun 16, 2011
Never going to happen. With some people's maturity on here, it's best we don't allow peer to peer post editing.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Some people want it, but loads more disagree with it.
I think its safe to say that RastaLulz will not be adding the plugin based on a few people wanting this feature.
So with that, Thread Closed to reduce spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread