How to write a good Advertisement Thread.

Navigation

Posting Freak
Feb 15, 2012
Advertisement+Guide

(Okay, so I was debating on which section I should post this in, because this isn't really a tutorial, more of a help/guidance page to help bring people/users to your hotel. So, this is going to be a detailed guide, so take all your time you need, and you can always come back if you want to read more. Please move my thread if needed.)
Good heading/title.
Okay, this is one of the first things people see before even getting into any detail, so you'll have to draw people in at this point. If all fails, your thread won't get read and you'll have wrecked your chances with getting a successful Habbo Retro. This needs to be BOLD and stands out, rather than blending in with the text/the background. If you want your thread to look as detailed as you want, you might look into creating your own 'Logo'. If you're in a rush, or you're bad at graphics/graphical products then you can just use a generator. You can find a 'gen' on most Fansites, or through searching 'Google'.​
First paragraph.
This is the next step if you've succeeded at drawing people in through the 'Logo'. The main thing that you want to get across to people is that you're hotel is different from all the others out there. But what you don't want to do is give all the information out in the first paragraph. People won't want to read on, and you'll loose those customers to other hotels. Now, you don't want that do you? Well then, you'll have to get into detail and carry on reading.​
Punctuation/Grammar.
This is one of the things that annoy members of DevBest. This is what puts off people, because if you're not willing to put the effort into getting members, what's the point in them joining? You could go advertise on hotels, and have around 1-2 additions to your 'dedicated member' list that you're keeping mentally. On Dev people are willing to post to help, and just discuss, through this you can add a lot more 'dedicated members' to that list because they're willing to post in their own time.​
Pictures.
As the rules on the Advertisement page state, you need to provide pictures with your threads. 'No pics, no clicks'. These pictures can lure people into your hotel, and give your thread a great look. Without these pictures, members think 'What's the point? How do I know it's different?'. This is the point that I'm trying to get across to you before you break the rules, or loose all the users. Now, I recommend you spend some time on taking photographs for your thread. These will help you add users to that 'registered' list.​
Video's.
Video's aren't a must in the rule book, but they're a GREAT addition. They can give a certain 'live view' to your thread, and will encourage people to join rather than some random detailed thread, and some pictures. The more you provide for users, the more you'll get to join. That is what you're reading this for, correct? Video's are pretty easy to make, Hypercam is a widely used tool throughout the Habbo world but I, personally dislike Hypercam, because it's laggy, but if you want an easy, un-edited video.​
(The only other thing you should add is a slogan, and little extra's to make your thread look better with specifications, and detail on the VPS/Dedicated Server.)​
Useful Links;

Shakes

Apr 1, 2012
Agreed, most owner do not know the first thing about advertisment threads.

In my opinion this should be in the Advertisement thread so then hopefully it could be pinned!

Users who are viewing this thread