How to make your computer faster [Win 7]

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
This may not work for everyone, but here's what I do:

Download and run - Windows disables cores that aren't used (usually odd numbered, like 1, 3, and 5 on 6 core cpus) to save power etc. Problem with this is it doesn't unpark the cores when under load. Run this, click "Unpark all" and you're good once it's done.

Reinstall windows (PRE MADE PCS ONLY - read bottom) - If you bought a dell, hp, or any of those pre-made computers, reinstall windows. Backup all your cp/files on a Flash stick (or any means of data storage) and reinstall windows. There's a 100% chance that there's software they downloaded onto your computer you don't need. -BEFORE YOU DO THIS: On another drive (USB what ever) download all your computer's drivers. Usually googling the computer name with "drivers" appended to the end of it (E.G: Dell inspiron 1318 drivers) should get you going on this. Download anything that sounds relevant to you, Video card, WiFi, Bluetooth, and Ethernet drivers should be downloaded (PM if unsure on what drivers you need).

[Intel CPUs only!] and run - Intel Compiler is a scam from Intel that makes programs made for AMD CPUS - or other brands - run SLOWER. This can take a while depending on how much stuff you have. But it's worth it. Run the icc_patch.exe file, click scan, click mark all, then click patch and you should be fine from then on.

Increasing startup speeds - After you've installed all your fancy programs (Do this especially on premade pcs if you dont want to reinstall), some like to start with your computer, slowing it down.
Go to start and type "msconfig" (No quotes) in the search bar and click the only option. Once the program loads click "Startup" (READ WARNING) Remove anything that you don't want to be there.
-BEFORE YOU DO THIS: Look at the Command section of the table and make sure it doesn't say something like "C:\Windows\..." because that's a driver, disabling that could mean disabling the driver to your WiFi, or Video card etc.

Need help? PM Me I've got no life. I'm so alone

Suggestion? Comment

- I thought the instructions where simple enough to the point that they did not require Screen shots, if you think so then I can show you over team viewer/joinme -

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
Ah thanks! I've got so much shit that starts up with my computer. Couldn't be bothered googling how to remove it.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
You can also skip all of that and just delete System32.
The fastest way to do this is open up CMD as Administrator (Start -> Search "CMD" -> right click -> "Run as Administrator") and type the following
Code:
diskpart
- when it loads:
Code:
select disk 0
- That's a zero not a letter
Code:
clean
- and when it's done your PC is much faster!

Reedz

#1 Baller
Jul 9, 2012
As I think said he's now selling his computer, Imma do the exact same thing and sell it to ma mate, cheers

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
As I think said he's now selling his computer, Imma do the exact same thing and sell it to ma mate, cheers
Glad I helped, Cheers!
What do you mean?
Stuff like deleting system32 and running the commands in CMD like I said in the comments section will destroy your computer, don't do it.

Users who are viewing this thread