How to make new "buttons"?

Exilo

Apr 27, 2012
Sloved

Hey!
So, I am using Phonix on my hotel site, and I am NOT the best php coder. I want to add new buttons like "forum" on the top, near Home. Have been looking in homenav.php file, but I am messing it up.
Can any give me a fast tutorial to put more buttons on top?
29smlj.png

-Alex! :)

Exilo

Apr 27, 2012
I don't mean to put a image up there, I know its coded there, I have been looking in the codes, but I can't figure out how to get a new button up there.
The old Phonix hotel I was staff on had 2 new buttons up there.

Exilo

Apr 27, 2012
No idea if it was edited, the only thing was 2 new buttons, Donate and Forums button. So you can't make any new buttons up there?

Deion

Posting Freak
Jul 3, 2010
OHHHHH. I thought you meant how to change how the buttons look..
Open header.php ndd find
<div class="navButton" ref="Community" onClick="location.href='community.php'"><a href="community.php"><?php echo $lang['nav_community']; ?></a></div>
add under it
<div class="navButton" ref="Community" onClick="location.href='community.php'"><a href="community.php"><?php echo $lang['nav_community']; ?></a></div>
Then rename "community" name of the header ndd "community.php" to the file .php name

Exilo

Apr 27, 2012
Hmm, its working, but the button is named community, not "forum"
<div class="navButton" ref="Forum" onClick="location.href='forum.php'"><a href="forum.php"><?php echo $lang['nav_community']; ?></a></div>
What is wrong? Tryed with changing nav_community to Forum, but it wont work.
-Alex

LeCeejay

Dec 25, 2010
Hmm, its working, but the button is named community, not "forum"
<div class="navButton" ref="Forum" onClick="location.href='forum.php'"><a href="forum.php"><?php echo $lang['nav_community']; ?></a></div>
What is wrong? Tryed with changing nav_community to Forum, but it wont work.
-Alex

You seem to of failed to listen to Deion's instructions;

Simply rename 'forums link here' with the link to the forums, if its hosted lcoally, simply put /forums or whatever, if not you MUST put the link, STARTING with http://www.???.xyz

<div class="navButton" ref="Forums" onClick="location.href='forums link here'"><a href="community.php"><?php echo $lang['nav_community']; ?></a></div>

That is what I believe he meant.

Exilo

Apr 27, 2012
I did, now:
2yxg4kh.png
2 buttons named "community" and not forums.
With this code:
<div class="navButton" ref="Forums" onClick="location.href=' '"><a href=" "><?php echo $lang['nav_community']; ?></a></div>

xHissy

PHP / VB.net Developer
Oct 23, 2011
Replace it with​
<div class="navButton" ref="Forums" onClick="location.href=' '"><a href=" ">Forum</a></div>​

Users who are viewing this thread