~ How to maintain a successful Habbo Retro ~

Navigation

Posting Freak
Feb 15, 2012
Sup guys. Well this is a basic tutorial/guide on how to keep/maintain a successful Habbo Retro. I've seen many of a people ask the basic question this is an answer to. 'How do I keep my retro up?' Or something similar to that, so I'm here with a little something, I've experienced/seen up's/down's of Retro's that have been successful over the past few months I've been playing. I've searched for something like this, and there wasn't so I thought 'Why not? It's 03:00am GMT, and I'm online.' So yeah, if you disagree to this then please post, it's just my basic opinion, not a 'You have to do this to have a successful retro' guide.

Staff.

Staff are a big part of a hotel's main-frame. They keep the hotel together through downtimes, and keep the hotel organised/fun. Without the correct staff your hotel could come down with a poke of a finger. When picking your team through applications, or simple hand-picked, make sure they're the best for the job. Not just because you like them, or they always 'make good rooms' or 'say hello to new users'.

- Staff must remain mature, and correctly mannered through-out the day, whilst keeping the hotel under control.

- Staff should know the basics, and give reasonable bans through-out their stay on your hotel, if you think they aren't have a word with them, and get it sorted.

- You should have a mature Manager/Administrator, to keep your team up-to-scratch whilst you're away, or offline.

- You should revise the Rule list regular, rather than just when you hire. [I would do this at random intervals and quickly to tell if they do know them].

Advertising.

When advertising, be sure NOT to advertise on hotels. The main reason of this is to avoid 'hackers' or other threats. You wouldn't like it if people came onto your hotel, and started advertising would you? No, It's just the same that way, it gives you that bit of respect, and hotel owners will help you out if you understand this. Advertising is the main objective if you want your hotel to be successful, because without a community, what's the point in a hotel?

- Be sure to have a decent 'Graphic Designer' on hand, and as a good friend. These help, because they can design your hotel 'TheHabbos' banners, that'll attract users.

- Make an account with as many Topsites as possible, these can bring in a huge number of users.

- Make forum posts as detailed, and professional as possible. [Forums have more dedicated members than Topsites].

- Make sure your hotel holds competitions/events whilst you're advertising, the new users have something to do when they join, and have some basic rares to start with!

- Make Youtube video's weekly, [Youtube holds an enormous amount of users, from Habbo and other places].

In-Game.

This is obviously one of the most important parts of a hotel, and this is what users are interested in. In-game is where all the action takes place, so this is where you need to up your game if you haven't done so already. It's vital that you do events/competitions regular to bring in users, and make them stay with you.

- Hire Events Team before any 'Trial Mods' or lower staff members.

- Have a good catalogue, that is updated everyday. [Limited Edition rares/Customs]

- Always make a VIP catalogue for those who buy, and change the colour scheme/rares every month.

- You need professional staff that'll greet users, through-out the day, and are active to sort out fights/arguments.

- Make your client as unique as possible, VIA SWF's etc.

Other important points.

I'm now going to add points, that'll spark up your hotel, and will make it look appealing to users, and visitors.

- Catchy, and unique name. [Nothing Habbo related, or name related.]

- A decent VPS, or Dedicated Server if you have the money.

- A paid domain. - Not a free one. Things like .com, .org, .net, .co.uk, etc. Are the best, and easy to access.

- A non-cracked Emulator. [For now, Phoenix would be the best. Or if you want to wait, RevEMU/PhrixusEMU.]

- Always add additions to your hotel, and ask for a coder. Weekly Lottery, Quests, Auctions etc.

So yeah, I could add more if people want more just PM me. This is just my opinion, so people could think otherwise.

Navigation

Posting Freak
Feb 15, 2012
Like, but disagree with advertising on hotel, you do it when there's barely any staff on :p

I just think 'You wouldn't like someone advertising on your hotel, so why should I do it on theirs' If you catch my drift.

Deion

Posting Freak
Jul 3, 2010
I just think 'You wouldn't like someone advertising on your hotel, so why should I do it on theirs' If you catch my drift.
That's how everybody starts! If you don't like them doing it then filter the word .com .net ect, or even the hotel name period.

Navigation

Posting Freak
Feb 15, 2012
That's how everybody starts! If you don't like them doing it then filter the word .com .net ect, or even the hotel name period.

I would just post on forums, to start getting some dedicated members that'll stick with the hotel, and then open the range to let other people in, then set milestones.

Users who are viewing this thread