how to edit lots of the same text in catalog_pages whit navicat prem

duckhead

Apr 16, 2015
hi

i am changin the whole catalogus text whit navicat prem becos its deutsch and im dutch ,but its to much the same text and i was wondering if there is a fast way to edit all text in ones ?

look at the screen , my englisch is not so good im sorry .

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
UPDATE catalog_pages SET page_text_details = 'New Text' WHERE page_text_details='Old Text'
UPDATE catalog_pages SET page_text1 = 'New Text' WHERE page_text_details = 'Old Text'

You are going to want to use WHERE statements EVERY SINGLE TIME you work with catalog otherwise you will make fatal mistakes by updating things that shouldn't be part of that update clause.. (Example: pets PAGE)

duckhead

Apr 16, 2015
UPDATE catalog_pages SET page_text_details = 'New Text' WHERE page_text_details='Old Text'
UPDATE catalog_pages SET page_text1 = 'New Text' WHERE page_text_details = 'Old Text'

You are going to want to use WHERE statements EVERY SINGLE TIME you work with catalog otherwise you will make fatal mistakes by updating things that shouldn't be part of that update clause.. (Example: pets PAGE)
i know that i have to change Catalog_ittems and Catalog_pages and Furni txt and another one , but there is alot text whit the same names whitout _ or - so i can change them same time whit notepad++ , but some words change dubbel i know i have to clean that up .

if it is not working i start over or take other cata and import the furni from old cata in the new 1 page for page .

but can you explain it maybe better why it maybe wil be horrible lik this way ?
its just a experiment i put a r63a cata in r63 works good no probs so far .
its just the 3 languases deutsh englisch spanisch that i have to edit to dutch ,and the cata ia amazing big never seen that before .

the only prob that wil be there is if i export the sql data for saving , and when i wil import it when i delete database yes there wil be errors becos its not changed al documents.
sorry for my bad englisch.

Last edited:

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
i know that i have to change Catalog_ittems and Catalog_pages and Furni txt and another one , but there is alot text whit the same names whitout _ or - so i can change them same time whit notepad++ , but some words change dubbel i know i have to clean that up .

if it is not working i start over or take other cata and import the furni from old cata in the new 1 page for page .

but can you explain it maybe better why it maybe wil be horrible lik this way ?
its just a experiment i put a r63a cata in r63 works good no probs so far .
its just the 3 languases deutsh englisch spanisch that i have to edit to dutch ,and the cata ia amazing big never seen that before .

the only prob that wil be there is if i export the sql data for saving , and when i wil import it when i delete database yes there wil be errors becos its not changed al documents.
sorry for my bad englisch.
Yeah, I didn't really understand this...

Users who are viewing this thread