How to edit CCT and DCR Files?

SomeGuy

Jul 8, 2018
Hello everyone! I want help about old Habbo Retro! I want to edit CCT and DCR files. But how?

Thanks.

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
Hello everyone! I want help about old Habbo Retro! I want to edit CCT and DCR files. But how?

Thanks.
From my understanding editing them is virtually impossible atm, the issue is there is no decompiler support. Your time would be better spent, recreating a old school retro client in your desired language.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Pretty sure you can open and edit these in director? Doesn’t have to be decompiled.

Speaking from experience making custom CCT’s in like 2010 lol, not sure if the software has changed though.

SomeGuy

Jul 8, 2018
Pretty sure you can open and edit these in director? Doesn’t have to be decompiled.

Speaking from experience making custom CCT’s in like 2010 lol, not sure if the software has changed though.
bandicam-2018-11-05-17-00-20-496.png

Why can't I open the loader.dcr file?

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
To the best of my knowledge those should be encrypted / protected too
Used to work fine before, not sure what would of changed? Could open them and edit all of the images and save the file, reload it back into the dcr's and the furniture worked in the client.

Looked into this and downloaded some old things. I've got Marcomedia Director MX 2004 (been so long since I've used this) and remember each CCT file needed to be unprotected before it would work (Sorry @GarettM) I'll look around to see if I can find a tool to do this which download link isn't broken.

treebeard

Jan 16, 2018
The DCR should be seen as the project entry point. This is gonna be much harder to do anything with and many have spent years attempting with little to no luck.

With the CCTs you may have some luck at editing them or at least making custom ones. Look into recover CCT and Offzip for getting assets and making your own CCT.

If you are seeking general RE info on the file formats. Look into Shockabsorber, DIRAPI.dll (which is what needs reversed), and the various other open source projects on reversing the file format.

If you are seeking Lingo scripts, your best approach is to create a parser.

Sorry if none of this info touched on your problem. I'm pressed for time and tried to share as much as possible.

Our friendly comrade @Quackster is probably the most informed on this subject around these parts.

I'm happy someone else is giving the older era some attention also. Welcome to the small group :p

Users who are viewing this thread