How do you make this?

nullError

Feb 15, 2013
I am wondering how it is possible to make this with Paint.net?

slide-jpg.1901

Something like this ^.

Joel

Aspiring Developer
Mar 30, 2014
Background image, black rectangle with opacity of like 40% (where logo is) and thats about it? not much too it, just a couple more layers.

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
Background image, black rectangle with opacity of like 40% (where logo is) and thats about it? not much too it, just a couple more layers.
^ exactly this.
I don't think that gradient background is possible in Paint.NET - idk, not used it in aaaaaaages.
You'll be able to find one similar/identical by googling 'dark gradient background' though

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
Do you recommend me getting photoshop or something? @theZymf
It's a fairly simple image to make so I don't think you really need Photoshop, but yeah I'd definitely say that Photoshop is a LOT better than Paint.NET.
There's so many more features in PS but getting used to navigating around the tools and using them would obviously require a bit of patience.

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
^ exactly this.
I don't think that gradient background is possible in Paint.NET - idk, not used it in aaaaaaages.
You'll be able to find one similar/identical by googling 'dark gradient background' though
Gradient backgrounds are possible in paint.net all this is actually.

Layer 1 = Background
Layer 2 = Picture of girls
Layer 3 = Transparent Box
Layer 4 = 3 Different Fonts

Note: to use different fonts you will have to install them into windows fonts

Flatten then done :3

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
I use paint.net for all of my work-* if that means anything. lol paint.net allows you to edit things by layers and I find it easier to work with then photoshop. Everytime I try to use photoshop (and yes I have tried) it never does what I want it to

Miserable

Apr 27, 2012
Different programs are good for certain things. What I find, is that with photoshop, you can make something technical if you do it correctly whereas MS paint I find is easier to use for pixel art. Paint.net is easier to use for small development graphics as well as gimp. It's personal preference however and completely up to the person who is designing said graphic.

Users who are viewing this thread