Holiday to Turkey

Error

Jun 30, 2011
Well, I'm kind of nervous about flying since my first ever holiday consisted of a plane which had an engine failure, but I'm looking forward to the holiday. However, I've heard rumors over the years that a lot of Turks are pedophiles and would do anything to lurk you into their cars and trucks. Can anyone who has/lives/been to Turkey tell me how it is there? Another thing I'm worried about is that I'm traveling on the Bodrum-Milas-Soke road, which is the 23rd most dangerous road in the worldddd, on a cliff with no barriers and from what I've heard, locals drive insanely close to the edge there.

One last thing is that the flight is at 7am so that means I have to get up at 4am for an hour drive to the airport, but I'm scared of not waking up in time for the flight, any suggestions other than staying up all night?

Livar

Now 35% cooler!
Oct 15, 2010
Right first of all my friend, that pedophile ball shit is nonsense, ignore the person who told you that. Turkey isn't a bad place, except a minority of Turks are, you'll enjoy your time in Turkey. I've been to Istanbul (European Side) in Turkey, and my god I have had the best holiday of my life, and I say that with my heart. Anyway, drivers in Turkey are bloody fast, but good at NOT crashing, else why would they have a Drivers License (btw only get into a taxi which actually has a taxi driving license). And the thing about the staying up at four hours is nothing, go bed at around 3PM till 12PM, wake up, get ready, go early to the airport, get food as food in planes will be really expensive, make sure to bring a few 10,000 pounds with you (really expensive in turkey, I spent 4,000 in just 2 weeks in turkey). Last but not least, enjoy yourself.

P.S if you exchange money in turkey, do it where there is no exchange commision

TheJoshy

PlusHost.org -> GOGOGO
Jul 4, 2010
Just act as you would, be skeptical.

As for the plane, they're safer than cars - I'd be more worried about the drive to the airport. Highly maintained, very expensive aircraft, trust me, how often do you have a car engine failure? Very rarely to none. A plane is also able to glide for quite some time, and make a safe landing without engines. An aeroplane is maintained better than your average car, and the pilots are trained better than your average L plater on the roads.

Don't be scared, nothing to worry about!

Error

Jun 30, 2011
Hmm. I got back yesterday after a week there, the 'horrid turk' shit is nonsense, they were all brilliant and bent over backwards for you and did anything you wanted them to do. (not in a bum-fun way) I was really scared on takeoff coming back as the plane was virtually struggling to get in the air but all was fine when we reached a good altitude. Holiday went extremely quick and the road to and from the hotel was really scary too. Still safer than a motorway though.

Tomm

The Legend
Aug 19, 2012
Visited around 2 years ago. While there, a member of staff tried to violate a young female hotel visitor in the bar toilets. the member of staff happened to work in the bar area. After this event happened, we were expecting the local authorities to be called up and informed, however a few hours later we were informed that he was stripped of his job and nothing else had become of it..

One bad experience out of the 2 weeks we were staying there isn't bad I guess.

P.S - we were staying just outside of 'Sidé' (pronounced Sea-day)

Users who are viewing this thread