[HELP] My internet speeds affect me loading into client

Destruct

FateRP Founder
Feb 12, 2012
I have DISH internet. Most people say DISH internet is crappy. I kinda believe it. DISH's internet service is thorough satellite. However DISH does not offer unlimited internet due to the fact that its satellite. So my internet plan is 10gb per month, along with a extra 50gb per month. I had ran out of those 10gbs before the month ended so my internet automaticly switched to my extra. I found out, when you run out of your normal data usuage, DISH will slow your internet speeds but allow you to still use your extra. Now as soon as they slowed my internet speeds, I can no longer get on my hotel's client. It had worked before I cleared my browser's cache, cookies, history, etc. When my speeds were normal, client worked fine. When they were not, the client just shows a white page. Any solutions?

UPDATE: I have just logged into fresh-hotel.org. The client loaded a little slower than usual but it work? Could it be that my hotel's swfs are outdated?

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
-_- Let me explain something to you...

When you clear your cache/cookies your browser had once stored all those files so it would take less time to generate the web page, but when you cleared them it had to refetch all the files and save them AGAIN in your browsers cache.

That's why when you clear your cache to see new furniture in the hotel, it loads slower and you see the second load bar (Underneath the main bar), otherwise you rarely will ever see it.

If you do think its your internet, however I doubt that, you can always go to speedtest.net

And DISH is shitty, I would suggest switching if you don't even like it in the first place.

Destruct

FateRP Founder
Feb 12, 2012
-_- Let me explain something to you...

When you clear your cache/cookies your browser had once stored all those files so it would take less time to generate the web page, but when you cleared them it had to refetch all the files and save them AGAIN in your browsers cache.

That's why when you clear your cache to see new furniture in the hotel, it loads slower and you see the second load bar (Underneath the main bar), otherwise you rarely will ever see it.

If you do think its your internet, however I doubt that, you can always go to speedtest.net

And DISH is shitty, I would suggest switching if you don't even like it in the first place.

Ah ok, so is there a way I can fix it. I tried to sit on the client page for around two minutes, and it's still a white screen. So would it just be my internet causing the trouble?

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Ah ok, so is there a way I can fix it. I tried to sit on the client page for around two minutes, and it's still a white screen. So would it just be my internet causing the trouble?
My guess its just your internet. You can try giving you browser high priority but it won't really do much because that only gives your browser more access to your CPU, which doesn't handle anything along the lines of your internet connections, thats all your networking card.

Destruct

FateRP Founder
Feb 12, 2012
Just found out that DISH, offers bonus Internet, so during those times. I accessed client and it worked. Thanks for your information,

Users who are viewing this thread