{help} Connecting x10hosting to phoenix.. {help}

emonemo1234

Feb 9, 2012
Hey guys, ok so.. basicly im using x10hosting for a reto.. and.. i got the db up, site up, and all of that BUT
Im trying to connect phoenix to the db (from my computer) But im getting host name errors,, and im not sre what the host name is.. i tried "Boru" but that didnt work either.. so can some one please help me? Thanks
-Sent from my iPod

Wassim

♕ The Awesomeness Within...
Sep 22, 2011
Hey guys, ok so.. basicly im using x10hosting for a reto.. and.. i got the db up, site up, and all of that BUT
Im trying to connect phoenix to the db (from my computer) But im getting host name errors,, and im not sre what the host name is.. i tried "Boru" but that didnt work either.. so can some one please help me? Thanks
-Sent from my iPod
shouw us the errors

emonemo1234

Feb 9, 2012
Config file:
(using ) Main problem is, im not sure where to find the mysql host for x10hosting.. Ive tried all clues..
Ps:' The webhost is only for the site.. the emu is on my computer, and im trying to connect it to my webhost.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Config file:
(using ) Main problem is, im not sure where to find the mysql host for x10hosting.. Ive tried all clues..
Ps:' The webhost is only for the site.. the emu is on my computer, and im trying to connect it to my webhost.
When you create a database, there should be something noted about the host name. Like on 000webhost, their MySQL host names are mysql***.000webhost.com, something similar. :)

emonemo1234

Feb 9, 2012
When you create a database, there should be something noted about the host name. Like on 000webhost, their MySQL host names are mysql***.000webhost.com, something similar. :)
Ill check it out, but x10 has a cpanel that im not sure how to navigate through, but yeah ill try.

TheCanadian

Jordan behind you ;P
Mar 21, 2011
-Sent from my iPod
You need Premium Hosting so you can enable remote connection...

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
your MySQL host for x10 is just also localhost, make sure your IP is set to the ones that you can find on the Cpanel I am assuming

emonemo1234

Feb 9, 2012
your MySQL host for x10 is just also localhost, make sure your IP is set to the ones that you can find on the Cpanel I am assuming
Ive donw it, but it says shit on the emu like- password denied- Im assuming its trying to connect to the apache thats on my computer? xC

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
Ive donw it, but it says shit on the emu like- password denied- Im assuming its trying to connect to the apache thats on my computer? xC
Most likely, are you IP addresses connecting to x10 hosting in any way, like the shared IP address provided at in the stats bar on the left of your Cpanel

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
:S exactly as you said D: lol
The hostname is not localhost. It should be the MySQL server, like what I said like to 000webhost.com, x10hosting should also have given the server details to you (including hostname). It's not localhost as you do not have the MySQL server running on your own PC.

emonemo1234

Feb 9, 2012
The hostname is not localhost. It should be the MySQL server, like what I said like to 000webhost.com, x10hosting should also have given the server details to you (including hostname). It's not localhost as you do not have the MySQL server running on your own PC.
Main Domain

slickhotel.x10.mx
Home Directory

/home/kriskid
Last login from

Disk Space Usage

0.86 / 1024 MB
Email Accounts

1 / 3
Subdomains

0 / 2
Parked Domains