[Help] Broke my PC while dusting the inside?

Korey

Jan 7, 2014
Basically I opened up the inside of my PC and removed the fan so that I could get the dust off of it. I pretty much unscrewed the fan and everything to remove the dust. Now before I did this my PC was working fine, not that much noise, nor was there any other difficulties. After I placed the fan back in and screwed it down I perceived to plug the power cord into it. After that the fan began spinning really fast and the sound was extremely loud also It instantly started spinning before I even hit the power button, having just plugged the thing up. It's not responding to the power button as if it's not working at all as soon as I plug it up the fan begins spinning super fast and loud. Not getting any display whatsoever despite the fan is moving, though really fast. What have I done?! Am I going to have to pay a arm and a leg? Can you please help me! I can submit video or pictures if needed!

Side Note: Posting this on my laptop not the broken PC obviously.

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
That's certainly weird, I have a feeling you could've permanently damaged the header. How many pins does the header have that you inserted the fan into?

(if you could submit a photo, i'll be able to help you easier ;))

Balls

Jun 1, 2013
When you pulled the fan header out of the mother board, and when you put it back in, was the power constantly on? The fan coudn't have spun before you pressed the power, if there was no current being transmitted to it by the psu.

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
When you pulled the fan header out of the mother board, and when you put it back in, was the power constantly on? The fan coudn't have spun before you pressed the power, if there was no current being transmitted to it by the psu.

I'm thinking there was some residual charge in the capacitors, but something like that still seems unlikely. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread