[GUIDE] How to add a room advertisement [NOOB FRIENDLY]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypomethic

Jul 18, 2012
Recently I was searching for these myself but I only managed to find the SWF's for them so I decided to code the otherstuff myself and release them to you :)

Downloads:

How to:

1) Open up the archive and extract ads_mpu_300.swf to your hof_furni folder.
2) Extract the enclosed template image into your wwwroot or htdocs folder.
3) Run the following into your database

Code:
INSERT INTO `furniture` VALUES ('40035', 'ads_mpu_300', 'ads_mpu_300', 's', '1', '1', '1.6', '1', '0', '0', '40035', '1', '1', '1', '1', '1', 'default', '1', '0', '0');

Code:
INSERT INTO `catalog_items` (`id`, `page_id`, `item_ids`, `catalog_name`, `cost_credits`, `cost_pixels`, `cost_snow`, `amount`) VALUES
('40035', 'INSERT PAGE ID HERE', '40035', 'ads_mpu_300', '3', '0', '0', '1');

4) Add this to the bottem of your furnidata.txt
Code:
["s","40035","ads_mpu_300","34642","4","1","1","","ads_mpu_300 name","ads_mpu_300 desc","","-1","-1","","1"]
5) Once you have done all that go to your hotel and say :update_items and :update_catalogue (must be in that order).
6) Go to the catalogue and buy 'ads_mpu_300' then place it in your room.
7) Click the sign and this will appear:
ryxIE.png

In the box I have circled with red put in this (replace YOURHOTELIP with your hotels IP adress) if you renamed the file make sure you change the url to suit.

8) Now we are going to define what url we want it to take players to when they click it:
ydT86.png

In the box I have circled red put in the URL you want the advert to take your users to when it's clicked.

9) Save

ZlarJ.png

Click the button I have circled red (you may want to put something in the X,Y, and Z boxes to reposition the advert).

10) You're done!

e2Gpl.png

If you followed these steps and cleared your browsers cache you should be able to see somthing like this. If your image says template on it and you want to change it you can edit that image in paint.net or photoshop to suit your needs (don't forget to clear cache).

It might work but I tried. so anyways rate this release from 1-10 ;)

Thanks,

Hypomethic

Sulake

never le nkemise
Jun 10, 2012
Nice Tutorial!!!! This will certainly help me when re-opening my 2 hotels!

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
There is no 'save' button for me?

Tomm

The Legend
Aug 19, 2012
Very nice release, I'm sure we'd have a lot of fun with these! Lool.

Clit

Posting Freak
Feb 25, 2012
gonna have some fun with this later

~Sent from my LG bobba Model using Tapatalk 2~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread