[Give Ideas] CMS Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

jQuery

Jun 10, 2015
Under the "User" bar u should make dem be able to put their fav youtube video , up to you doe :D Other then that i like it very much. :up:
I was going to suggest that but Zabbo has that feature and not a lot of people utilize it.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
I don't like the font used for headings, but I can't think of an alternative. Or try making that font bold. I also don't like the style of the about me, colours, and save box. Apart from that, it looks good, although are you planning to fill that big gap under the User: JayCustom box?
The font will depend on your CMS not on my CMS. That's a custom font I put on my whole CMS :p

KingDubz

Dec 11, 2014
@JayCustom can u make a new game type thing. So like a word is on the top then u have it scramble at bottom then u click button to try to make the word but u dont spell the word when u click the button it spells the word randomly if it spell the word u win a prize idk. money or rare lol.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
This is what I have for the homes now:
rR37Uds.png

PrFOVJ0.png

Thoughts?
Very nice, I would recommend displaying more stats about the user though. Also, being able to post comments and display videos/social media websites is a good idea too.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Very nice, I would recommend displaying more stats about the user though. Also, being able to post comments and display videos/social media websites is a good idea too.
Still working on homes , lol trust me I am adding everything :) The PHP part of the form isn't done yet either.

@JayCustom can u make a new game type thing. So like a word is on the top then u have it scramble at bottom then u click button to try to make the word but u dont spell the word when u click the button it spells the word randomly if it spell the word u win a prize idk. money or rare lol.
Keep thinking games like this, but this doesn't sound very fun there isn't much you could do off of this game, and it wouldn't be very funny. It would be a waste of time to code in my opinion but I like the concept of thinking new

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
Don't wanna be a dick but you're leaving quite a few exploits in those scripts. don't forget to clean $_POST vars

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Don't wanna be a dick but you're leaving quite a few exploits in those scripts. don't forget to clean $_POST vars
Show me where an exploit is then? lol.

They can enter like " ' " but my if statements test to make sure that their inputs are what I want them to be.

Wickd

The first member of the Knights of the Pink Table
Jan 15, 2013
Show me where an exploit is then? lol.

They can enter like " ' " but my if statements test to make sure that their inputs are what I want them to be.
He doesn't even know what's he talking about, just leave it.

griimnak

Jul 20, 2013
He doesn't even know what's he talking about, just leave it.
Who, me or him?

PHP:
mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['penis'])
this is how you clean $_POST tags btw, I see you've already done that to most but you forgot a few

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
RevCMS and UberCMS facepalm.jpg
I code them in UberCMS and then translate to Rev if I feel like :l but recently my edits have stopped just so you guys know I am going to be starting a new retro service (Free) which will contains releases for Uber and Rev CMS along with newest furniture, clothes, enables and much much more. I will release the link when I am done.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
I code them in UberCMS and then translate to Rev if I feel like :l but recently my edits have stopped just so you guys know I am going to be starting a new retro service (Free) which will contains releases for Uber and Rev CMS along with newest furniture, clothes, enables and much much more. I will release the link when I am done.
I do get that you're contributing by coding features for these CMS's.
But if you're going to invest time in these CMS's then I suggest you focus on rewriting the core functions such as the database class, and then making use of it. Because why have a database class with functions built into it used for preventing the usage of the always deprecated mysql_* functions (bad practice), and not use it. The mysql extension is too outdated to be secure, low-level, unprocessed functions (such as the ones you use now) also support this statement.

I suggest: Rewriting the Database Class in either Uber or Rev CMS as a wrapper (PDO or MySQLi, yet PDO is preferred).
Quoting a genius known as maritnmine with the statement "Get a nice set of tools and learn how to use them"

griimnak

Jul 20, 2013
I do get that you're contributing by coding features for these CMS's.
But if you're going to invest time in these CMS's then I suggest you focus on rewriting the core functions such as the database class, and then making use of it. Because why have a database class with functions built into it used for preventing the usage of the always deprecated mysql_* functions (bad practice), and not use it. The mysql extension is too outdated to be secure, low-level, unprocessed functions (such as the ones you use now) also support this statement.

I suggest: Rewriting the Database Class in either Uber or Rev CMS as a wrapper (PDO or MySQLi, yet PDO is preferred).
Quoting a genius known as maritnmine with the statement "Get a nice set of tools and learn how to use them"
I'd be impressed if the habbo community came up with a decent pdo db class, lel little nubs :rasta:
jk no offence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread