Free .Co Domain For 15 Days!

Wassim

♕ The Awesomeness Within...
Sep 22, 2011

For a US Number:

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Nice share. Although you only get this 15 days which is pretty annoying. Better than nohing I suppose?

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Thanks for the share, however I can see a lot of people using this for bad uses.

thomaslackner

Jul 1, 2013
Hey guys,

My name is Tom and I'm the CTO of POP. Thanks so much Wassim for posting about our little service. I wanted to pop in (no pun intended) to the thread and respond to some of your comments.

Sysode wrote:
Although you only get this 15 days which is pretty annoying. Better than nohing I suppose?

Keep in mind that we are also giving you a Google Apps (i.e., gmail on your own domain name) account free for that trial period as well. I think it's a pretty good deal if you just want to try out our service and see what it's about. After the 15 days, you only have to pay per month -- we don't make you pay for the whole year in advance like most people do -- which is nice if you change your mind six months down the line and don't want to keep the domain name/business alive anymore.

Mega wrote:
Thanks for the share, but it asked for hp no. ;3

We use SMS-based verification instead of email based. We did this on purpose because spammers and other bad actors are way less likely to have a bunch of fake phone numbers to register domains with. Most sites do email verification, but as you can imagine, everyone has 15 alternate email addresses that they can use to be abusive. We don't want that! We thouight long and hard about the need to keep our service free of spammers vs. asking more invasive privacy questions during signup, and we think this tradeoff makes sense.

IM_MATTURE wrote:
Thanks for the share, however I can see a lot of people using this for bad uses.

We do our best to keep track of our signups, especially during the free trial period. Like I said above, SMS-based verification is a small step in the right direction on that. Generally speaking we try to keep an eye on where people point their domains to so that they don't set up phishing sites etc. Of course it's impossible for us to monitor everything with 100% accuracy, but we are definitely conscious of the need to make sure our service isn't being used for evil deeds.

Thanks for checking out the service and let me know what you think.. we love feedback!

j2o

Jun 1, 2013
Dam I broke my fucking phone so I'm screwed ill see if anyone can lend me a phone eh? :)

W

wregen

Hi there. I suggest that everyone try free trial for VPS offered by Limy. You have 7 days to test their free VPS and you can subscribe after trial period expires. I tried a lot of these "free trial VPS" offers with different hosting companies but wasn't satisfied with service they provide. But, with Limy VPS it is a different story. Sign up for 7 days of trial period and you will find out why this is a good service.

Users who are viewing this thread