Formal Staff Complaint System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brackson

卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍
Jun 20, 2013
There needs to be some way to formally submit a staff complaint. I've talked with a couple staff members about this already, but they basically said they asked Josh and he doesn't care (conversation title: how can I make a staff complaint? ). I was told to PM a super mod about what happened, but there's really no reason to if you don't know that your complaint is going to be taken seriously or anonymously, or even taken care of at all.

My suggestion is to make a section on the FAQ or make a thread on how to submit a staff complaint, and include how the complaint should look like, who it should be sent to, and a reassurance that it will be taken seriously and anonymously. I don't really see a downside to this.

They are abusing their powers, and it's seriously getting annoying as I have been banned from the shoutbox for no reason on multiple occasions and so have others. Not everyone has direct access to another staff-member that they know personally, so it's unfair that the people who do get into situations where they've been banned can just chat with another staff member and get everything taken care of.

GohanSSJ

Ya.
Feb 18, 2013
Not really going to bring up things that are not true.

But what I'm assuming is that you've clearly talked about something that was not allowed to be talked about in the Shoutbox that the reason why you where banned from the shoutbox or maybe your where argueing with an Moderator or a super Moderator.

I've always been banned from the Shoutbox for valid reasons and i can really say that that was my own fault and so not really believing that the Moderators or super Moderators would ban you for no reason whatsoever because this is a community and a community doesn't really abuse their powers and so it's hard for me to believe that you where actually banned for no reason.

Deion

Posting Freak
Jul 3, 2010
They are abusing their powers, and it's seriously getting annoying as I have been banned from the shoutbox for no reason on multiple occasions and so have others. Not everyone has direct access to another staff-member that they know personally, so it's unfair that the people who do get into situations where they've been banned can just chat with another staff member and get everything taken care of.
Highly doubt anything will be done even if abused power. This is how it's always been, same staff/old-members from primitive times, nothings going to change - no point in trying.

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
Some of my infractions/Shoutbox bans may be cruel, but you must face the consequences when you break the rules. (Implying this thread was started because of me)

Brackson

卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍
Jun 20, 2013
Some of my infractions/Shoutbox bans may be cruel, but you must face the consequences when you break the rules. (Implying this thread was started because of me)
This thread wasn't started about anyone in particular.

I'm mostly referring to when a staff member bans someone from the shoutbox for no reason (e.g. when someone is being annoying, which isn't a violation of the rules). I don't have any screens of it, but we all know it happens.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
We do have a system, when you submit a complaint you'll need to obviously need to start a conversation with a higher member of staff then we'll look into it if the situation if it's serious we'll contact Josh. If you have any problems regarding lack of moderation or general support or anything non-serious then seek out a Senior Moderator of that section. We didn't really need to point out this in an official thread because it's common sense you just contact an higher member of staff.

Moderator > Senior >Super Moderator
Super > Administrator
Administrator > Site Host? :ninja:

We may not seem it but we do take our job seriously when needed.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
This thread wasn't started about anyone in particular.

I'm mostly referring to when a staff member bans someone from the shoutbox for no reason (e.g. when someone is being annoying, which isn't a violation of the rules). I don't have any screens of it, but we all know it happens.
That's a pretty good reason if they are irritating.

Brackson

卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍
Jun 20, 2013
We do have a system, when you submit a complaint you'll need to obviously need to start a conversation with a higher member of staff then we'll look into it if the situation if it's serious we'll contact Josh. If you have any problems regarding lack of moderation or general support or anything non-serious then seek out a Senior Moderator of that section. We didn't really need to point out this in an official thread because it's common sense you just contact an higher member of staff.

Moderator > Senior >Super Moderator
Super > Administrator
Administrator > Site Host? :ninja:

We may not seem it but we do take our job seriously when needed.
Even if this is true, I had to make a conversation and a thread about it just to find out. This should be more accessible, so why not create a thread about it?
My suggestion is to make a section on the FAQ or make a thread on how to submit a staff complaint, and include how the complaint should look like, who it should be sent to, and a reassurance that it will be taken seriously and anonymously.

That's a pretty good reason if they are irritating.
No it isn't. That's a perfect example of how power is abused.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Please explain how so?

They're being annoying, you want to stop them from being annoying. You warn them first, then you ban them if they continue.

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
Personally, i'd rather have a staff team who aren't afraid to ban people, than a large group of noobs throwing their weight around.

At the end of the day they're just trying to help the community out as much as possible.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Even if this is true, I had to make a conversation and a thread about it just to find out. This should be more accessible, so why not create a thread about it?

No, because it's a waste of time, if we thought it would be a good idea we would of done it by now if you're that stupid that you can't submit a simple complaint to an Administrator or Super Moderator and then go about spamming staff members profiles and post threads (spamming) then you need to improve your IQ.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
There's no need for a complaint box; especially since I'd spam the living fuckass out of it.

If they're doing a bad job (@Wess) Josh will figure it out, and they'll be dealt with accordingly.
Banned? Sucks. Every time I've ever been banned was for a valid reason, or I was shortly unbanned as a joke. The shoutbox should be treated the same as 4chan, everything is false and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
It's actually located
Members of staff will be able to review the problem and answer any enquiries you may have more appropriately. Could we also remind you that this section is not up for discussion, it's strictly support threads only. Staff complaints are also still asked to be used within private messaging only.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Thread closed, no need in discussion we have taken your idea into consideration and will be brought up in any future staff meetings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread