Folder Permissions

Blasteh

big tits
Apr 3, 2013
I'm having a bit of permission error, I tried to switch to IIS on my PC and I messed with the permission of the wwwroot folder trying to fix the issue with the error. Sadly, it failed, so I switched back to XAMPP. Now, I cannot view files except index and register. I cannot register on localhost, it takes me to the /community page after registration, but it doesn't register in the database. I think this is the issue, I'm not sure. It only happened after trying to switch to IIS and go back to XAMPP. I tried a clean version of BrainCMS and also RevCMS and they load fine, so it's just my files that are screwed up, permission wise.

Anyone know how to fix this?
You must be registered for see images attach

Anyone have a way to make it so I can get my permissions back to normal? I don't want to go one-by-one file, if that's the case. I'll just start over.

But, there is a way with chmod or something like that I think...

Anything passed the index, does not work properly and does not show up... such as the staff page:
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Blasteh

big tits
Apr 3, 2013
Paste your web.config
Web.config is IIS, I'm using XAMPP on my PC for testing purposes, xampp reads .htaccess
Try look at the console. Anything show up?
Nothing.

When I import a new BrainCMS copy, it works fine. But when I make an edit to it from my old CMS, such as copying the code over and replacing it all, it doesn't work anymore.

Just found this in the XAMPP Control panel under Apache:
Access.log:
Error.log:

Pinkman

Posting Freak
Jul 27, 2016
Here mate try this .
I had similar issues and used the link above to help and worked. Tell me once you got it correct or still need help.

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
I was/currently am still having trouble with this when I try to start the mysql server from my support files via command line. It says permission denied & chmod only lists what is stored in the home directory as files that can be modified. If you made a copy where your default webserver would go, would it still be readable by wherever your server is now if you followed up with that information in your config? Unless there's a way to allow permissions from where it already is without mixing anything up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread