First tries at designing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
This is my first try to design a website image using PhotoShop CS3, a game is asking for suggestions on new website layouts so I give it a try.

51XFV.png

That is when you're not yet logged in. And I am planning on changing the 'articles' font to Arial too like 'Frezbo Race's content. And here's what I wrote on the forum:

Sorry for bumping, another design suggestion. I wanna test my skills on designing so here I'd go. Sorry if it's fugly.

51XFV.png

That is my first design for guests viewing the website, although I plan adding buttons on the side like 'purchase credits' etc..

NOTE: If an article is clicked, it loads below.. and sneak peeks area are there. Just don't have enough space to fit it, but the article shall expand the sneak peeks are available below the article. And that I forgot the copyright for Fresbo so putting that in soon.

Mathematics

Show Off. Be Honest :) I'll face the rest.
Jan 14, 2012
They look good and fine, looking forward for your next designs :)
I'll rate it 10/10 as it is very appealing to my eye and it looks attractive.

TheJoshy

PlusHost.org -> GOGOGO
Jul 4, 2010
9.99/10 - add more padding for the logo because the logo looks a bit squashed... either way, looks amazing - 10/10 if logo was right :) good work man

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
They look good and fine, looking forward for your next designs :)
I'll rate it 10/10 as it is very appealing to my eye and attractive.
Thanks. I am not yet done with the user logged in then the look of the website. It was fugly for others I expect, but I never expected seeing an awesome comment like this. Thanks - and I will sure to update my designs here. :D

9.99/10 - add more padding for the logo because the logo looks a bit squashed... either way, looks amazing - 10/10 if logo was right :) good work man
Thanks, I shall work on that now.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
7/10:

-font isnt great
-navi has a light effect
Thanks. I did not meant to over-design the navigator though, and planning on removing the fail outer glow there at some time. And for the font, I sorted out the News and Articles contents' font to Arial so that it doesn't look fugly.

What I did now is, I overlapped the logo to the 'outline' of the navigator, that will look like an attached sticker. I guess it's better than making the logo an actual content on the navigator, so here are the results for my second design:

mJFqK.png

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Criticism:
  • Middle of the navigation is way to light of a color; try a darker brown.
  • Try adding white content boxes to the little content areas.
  • The forgot password link should be lighter, as you can barely see it against the brown.

Aercor

The Official Gay
Oct 1, 2011
I like it! 8/10.

Fixes:
Navbar light
Forgot password button
Login button is bright

1tom1

Mar 11, 2011
I don't really like it, but for a first, its really good.

My suggestions:
- Change the colour scheme a bit
- Change the curving of the boxes to less, as less is more
- Make the font size smaller

Hope you take these into account

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
I'd take consideration on the suggestions. Although I got no time at the moment due to hectic schedule. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread