Extreme computer problem

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
So my computer's temperatures have always been a problem since the day I've gotten it.
It likes to idle at 110-120 on the processor, and around 100-130 on the GFX card. The problem I had today was scary. Everytime I start minecraft it jumps to 150-180. And today I decided to play Need For Speed Pro Street on 1920 x 1080 res because # , and I had SpeedFan logging my temperatures when it suddenly shutdown. I touched it and it was insanely hot and check the last logged temp and it said 210 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT.

tl;dr: computer got to 210 degrees fahrenheit.
how do I keep this fucker cool? I constantly have a running laptop fan under it, should I get a second one to go over it since I use the computer as a desktop?

Yes I have cleaned it.

DaLightz

See ya'll in the afterlife.
May 19, 2012
Solution A:
Remove the charger from the from the charging port, (if its in there). Pickup the computer, open a trash bag, place the computer gently in trash bag.
Then finally, take a lighter (BIC reccommended) And flick it under the bag.

Now, you get your computer out of your life PLUS a nice camp fire.

AlexFallen

Developer
Jul 19, 2011
OMG. That's hot!
Well first of all, make sure you turn off all the processes that you don't need.
Second of all, make sure you sit in a well air conditioned room, so that will help out a little. Also, make sure you don't run like multiple big CPU consuming processes at the same time. They screw with the CPU temperature. If it's a laptop, flip it over, and leave it like that so the heat just kinda floats off...

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
OMG. That's hot!
Well first of all, make sure you turn off all the processes that you don't need.
Second of all, make sure you sit in a well air conditioned room, so that will help out a little. Also, make sure you don't run like multiple big CPU consuming processes at the same time. They screw with the CPU temperature. If it's a laptop, flip it over, and leave it like that so the heat just kinda floats off...
it's an intel i7 so it runs at like 20% CPU with the game running, but I'll do that, what do I do with the external fan I have? put it on the bottom with air going up? or on top of the upside down laptop with airflow going down (twords laptop)
Lol.

But really, for a nice cool down, just remove your battery and keep it on the charge.

No joke, it works.
Makes sense, I'll do that.

AlexFallen

Developer
Jul 19, 2011
it's an intel i7 so it runs at like 20% CPU with the game running, but I'll do that, what do I do with the external fan I have? put it on the bottom with air going up? or on top of the upside down laptop with airflow going down (twords laptop)

Makes sense, I'll do that.
Airflow going up. The top of the laptop going down. The more cold air going INTO the components, the better it is.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
I've removed the battery, let it just stay plugged in, flipped it and put the external fan taking air twords it.
the inside is noticeably cooler but the logged temps show very little change.
But it's still running cooler, thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread