European Debate

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Before replying, you can give your opinion on this even if you aren't living in an European country, but please don't use false facts, and give a honest opinion. There are 2 statements which you can awnser. Please make clear which statement you are awnsering.

The statements are:
1. The VAT in all the European Union country's should be the same
2. It will be good for the European Union to let Turkey into the EU.

#europenumber1

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
The statements are:
1. The VAT in all the European Union country's should be the same

#europenumber1
1. No, all the countries in the EU have a different financial situation. Some countries need to tax more than others.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
1) What he said^, countries in the EU have different financial structures and would be a terrible idea to have all the same; although some countries such as France have horrid taxes (so high). They should consider changing the VAT structure for certain countries.

Andeh

the best cis-boy
Jun 1, 2010
2) Turkey should definitely be let in. Their last application got rejected, and Sarkozy came with a statement that basically was a fine way of saying "Turkey are Muslims so we won't let them enter the union". A nice way of expressing racism from EU's side.

Livar

Now 35% cooler!
Oct 15, 2010
2) Isn't Turkey already in the EU (Istanbul part of it), unless you're trying to say the whole of Turkey to become European would kill off their links to the Asian/Arab World, and Thor you might be correct, but Turkey isn't you're 'proper' muslim country anymore, sure it used to be because of their monuments like Sultan Ahmet Mosque (Blue Mosque) etc, etc, but that's changing.

Andeh

the best cis-boy
Jun 1, 2010
2) Isn't Turkey already in the EU (Istanbul part of it), unless you're trying to say the whole of Turkey to become European would kill off their links to the Asian/Arab World, and Thor you might be correct, but Turkey isn't you're 'proper' muslim country anymore, sure it used to be because of their monuments like Sultan Ahmet Mosque (Blue Mosque) etc, etc, but that's changing.

There's a difference between Europa and the European Union. And I'm not the one saying that that they aren't "western" enough, I'm just implying that EU is racist.

Livar

Now 35% cooler!
Oct 15, 2010
There's a difference between Europa and the European Union. And I'm not the one saying that that they aren't "western" enough, I'm just implying that EU is racist.

Wasn't implying that they're not western enough, just agreeing with you! :p

Users who are viewing this thread