Does the MSI A78M-E35 Motherboard have UEFI BIOS, Or Just BIOS?

HonkyWam

Tickle me Elmo!
Dec 8, 2011
My friends getting this board and he needs to know if it's UEFI BIOS due to the fact he is going to be installing a OS with a USB flash drive.

Parad0x

Habzone.net
Feb 5, 2013
Wait so the whole board is UEFI BIOS or it just a feature im a bit confused me & my friend.
It just supports UEFI. However if you go into the BIOS setup, you can make it so it's UEFI+Legacy which means it'll work with USB flash drives. I know because I installed Windows 8.1 from a flash drive.

HonkyWam

Tickle me Elmo!
Dec 8, 2011
It just supports UEFI. However if you go into the BIOS setup, you can make it so it's UEFI+Legacy which means it'll work with USB flash drives. I know because I installed Windows 8.1 from a flash drive.
Can you tell me where the option to turn it to UEFI+Legacy is at for future things. (once he gets the pc)

Parad0x

Habzone.net
Feb 5, 2013
Can you tell me where the option to turn it to UEFI+Legacy is at for future things. (once he gets the pc)
I think it's in Mainboard Settings > Boot > Boot mode select.

Edit: Just checked, and that's actually where it is. It should give you a choice between UEFI and "UEFI+LEGACY"

So in order to change it, repeatedly press the Del key upon boot up then go to Mainboard Settings > Boot > Boot Mode Select.

HonkyWam

Tickle me Elmo!
Dec 8, 2011
I think it's in Mainboard Settings > Boot > Boot mode select.

Edit: Just checked, and that's actually where it is. It should give you a choice between UEFI and "UEFI+LEGACY"

So in order to change it, repeatedly press the Del key upon boot up then go to Mainboard Settings > Boot > Boot Mode Select.
Thanks man, nice to know someone has the same board.

Users who are viewing this thread