[Doc] Realm Doc ~ Your guide to game development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
Realm doc is a small, open-sourced documentation, based around game design, development and testing. It will be released under a GNU GPL V3, and is currently under work. It will be written in Open Office and will be available on many download mirrors. I'll hope to update you when I've written enough. Current status = 307 words, written the introduction and what is a game. I've also obtained the licence, which will be released with the document

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
Excerpts :
Welcome to Realm Doc, documentation on game design, implementation and development. In this document, I will be discussing the various areas of game design, the various tasks one must tackle, such as graphics, physics and even networking.
Adil Hafeez – Lead documentation writer and drafterThe documentation is released under a GNU lesser licence. You can find the license document in the same archive as this document. The licence is titled Realm Doc Licence. You can contribute to this work by emailing [email protected]. Contributing will mean that your name will be added to the licence, the documentation and the authors list. Please feel free to donate! You can also support the project through visiting and commenting on various blog posts. Please note, this is an open-sourced project, so I welcome anyone to help and develop this document.
Planned paragraph(s) on game development
Game design
-Languages and libraries
-Your best friend is your debugger
-Your other best friend(s) are your libraries and testers
Online gaming ~ Basics
-All online games have a client (Runescape, WoW, habbo), or a downloadable game file which allows you to connect to servers.
-Most utilise a MySQL database as storage
-Some are based on web technologies (Flash, PHP)
-Some utilise your desktop (WoW)
These are rough plans which map the basics.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
I understand that this is a game development guide, but could you add more info as to what it includes?

How to plan a game? What to think of when designing a game? Do you need others? What to code it in ? etc....

As this may give others a chance to contribute, or is this a sole project?

Edit: Have re-read your above comment, but still, it could include more detail when it comes to game development

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
I understand that this is a game development guide, but could you add more info as to what it includes?How to plan a game? What to think of when designing a game? Do you need others? What to code it in ? etc....As this may give others a chance to contribute, or is this a sole project?Edit: Have re-read your above comment, but still, it could include more detail when it comes to game development
The first two extracts are just licence details and a short intro. The second two are actually not the real thing, they're rough plans, giving pointers to what I'll write about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread