[DEV] Xoa Emulator v4 [Jammy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Heres a snippit of how I time everything :)
Code:
if (A.User._roomID != 7 && A.User.roomUser.Y != 10 && A.User.roomUser.X != 8)
                        {
                            A.User._JailBreaking = false;
                        }

if (A.User._JailBreaking)
                        {
                            A.User.JBTime++;
                            if (A.User.JBTime == 60)
                            {
                                sendSaying(A.User.roomUser, "*needs 3 more minutes to break down the jailcell wall*");
                            }
                            if (A.User.JBTime == 120)
                            {
                                sendSaying(A.User.roomUser, "*needs 2 more minutes to break down the jailcell wall*");
                            }
                            if (A.User.JBTime == 180)
                            {
                                sendSaying(A.User.roomUser, "*needs 1 more minutes to break down the jailcell wall*");
                            }
                            if (A.User.JBTime == 240)
                            {
                                sendSaying(A.User.roomUser, "*successfully breaks down the jailcell wall freeing everyone inside*");
                                userManager.JailBreak();
                                A.User._JailBreaking = false;
                            }
                        }

Seems alright, I do it a tad similar, but I'll give you a tip on how I do it, I don't just manage the one timer, I manage turf, jailbreak and game flags together - since I put the timer into one. - You could do the same, it's much easier on yourself.

Little example:
Code:
                                    User._gangclaim -= 1;
                                    if (User._OnTrigger == "turf")
                                        User.Room.sendSaying(User.roomUser, "*Needs " + User._gangclaim + " more minutes to claim this area*");
                                    if (User._OnTrigger == "jailbreak")
                                        User.Room.sendSaying(User.roomUser, "*Needs " + User._gangclaim + " more minutes to knock through the wall*");
                                    if (User._OnTrigger == "Pinkflag" || User._OnTrigger == "Redflag" || User._OnTrigger == "Blueflag" || User._OnTrigger == "Greenflag")
                                        User.Room.sendSaying(User.roomUser, "*Needs " + User._gangclaim + " more minutes to capture the flag*");

And you can probably guess the rest ;-P!

Ari

Sep 29, 2010
Craig I use the same method as you :)
1 big thread with all the timers in :D

Also just added Console commands, screenies tomorrow :D

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Craig I use the same method as you :)
1 big thread with all the timers in :D

Also just added Console commands, screenies tomorrow :D

Doesn't look entirely like it from looking at the previous snippets. - But sounding good, you should also re-think the strategy of checking the users cords etc! If you check the snippet I posted, it could give you ideas. ;-).

Ari

Sep 29, 2010
Doesn't look entirely like it from looking at the previous snippets. - But sounding good, you should also re-think the strategy of checking the users cords etc! If you check the snippet I posted, it could give you ideas. ;-).

Oic I know how you did it but I can't give examples because I'm on my phone lol

Mastah

the funny thing is \r\n i did
Oct 25, 2010
Seems pretty bossy although im not for roleplays anymore because their literally boring but good luck.

Pikachuu

Aug 20, 2012
I absolutly love RP'S. Looks amazing, one thing I found with RP'S is that they didn't really function properly, hopefully this one will be different

RPboiz

Nov 11, 2011
I absolutly love RP'S. Looks amazing, one thing I found with RP'S is that they didn't really function properly, hopefully this one will be different
Its the lact of work people provide its becuz they keep the old php retro shit and keep all the "Sulake" and "Habbo" shit flashing and they keep all the old options etc my RP i have been working on for 2-3 years will be different :D I want a nice active community making not all about fighting.

Tomm

The Legend
Aug 19, 2012
Its the lact of work people provide its becuz they keep the old php retro shit and keep all the "Sulake" and "Habbo" shit flashing and they keep all the old options etc my RP i have been working on for 2-3 years will be different :D I want a nice active community making not all about fighting.
Whenever I've played an RP, the majority of the users instantly find it funny to 'beat you up' as soon as you enter a room. I found this funny at first, but it grew old and boring facepalm.jpg

Pikachuu

Aug 20, 2012
Whenever I've played an RP, the majority of the users instantly find it funny to 'beat you up' as soon as you enter a room. I found this funny at first, but it grew old and boring facepalm.jpg

Yeah, it does get pretty tedious after a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread