[DEV] Sylla Social [Multiple Drivers][MVC PHP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinix

Feb 1, 2013
Sylla

Overview
Many people here don't know me, but i'm Trinix, and i'm a PHP developer. I'm here to introduce my new project, named Sylla (subject to change). Basically, Sylla is a PHP CMS for a social-networking site. It also uses the MVC pattern. It also has multiple database drivers, which will be MySQL, MySQLi, PDO.

The Aim
DevBest doesn't seem to have many ongoing, successful projects and I just thought i'd cheer up the Development section as it's beginning to become dusty :)

Screenshots
QY4ZmJb.png

Snippets
None as of yet

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Can't really tell how good is the development going without you posting some snippets of your code (if you have begun).
There have been many developments going on in this section, most of them are getting quit by their own developers, and some are just too lazy to work on their projects so they quit, let's hope your not one of them, good luck with this and hope you keep updating this thread!

Trinix

Feb 1, 2013
Thanks guys! I've decided to take a look at RevCMS and other sites to see the benefits of serialising data. I've chosen to go along this route and am currently working on a web-installer to do this.

Trinix

Feb 1, 2013
You have 5 files but no snippets? What are the CMS functions?

Configuration isn't considered a snippet as far as i'm aware, ontop of that the config is just one file now. The CMS has many functions, fast, secure, easy to use, etc.

la8jhoE.png
Firstly i'd just like to say, this is taken from RevCMS, and yes credits have been provided where necessery (even if Kryptos didn't originally design the css anyway). I've edited the stylesheet.css file to only use the rules necessary and removed un-used ones. This design isn't final and will change, thanks.​

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Configuration isn't considered a snippet as far as i'm aware, ontop of that the config is just one file now. The CMS has many functions, fast, secure, easy to use, etc.
That aren't CMS functions. And you can't claim it to be fast and secure if you don't have released any snippets yet.

la8jhoE.png
Firstly i'd just like to say, this is taken from RevCMS, and yes credits have been provided where necessery (even if Kryptos didn't originally design the css anyway). I've edited the stylesheet.css file to only use the rules necessary and removed un-used ones. This design isn't final and will change, thanks.

So basically you are taking stuff from RevCMS, and thats the only screen you can show? And Heaplink made the design, as he was a part of Team Rev. Also in your first screen you show 5 files, all used for config? I wonder what is in those files then. Doesn't sound easy to use.

Trinix

Feb 1, 2013
That aren't CMS functions. And you can't claim it to be fast and secure if you don't have released any snippets yet.

So basically you are taking stuff from RevCMS, and thats the only screen you can show? And Heaplink made the design, as he was a part of Team Rev. Also in your first screen you show 5 files, all used for config? I wonder what is in those files then. Doesn't sound easy to use.

Maybe you should read and have some common sense. The configuration files won't need to be even touched because of the web-installer. I'm also terribly sorry if I cannot design. Also, i've only just started, CMS' take lots of time to come together - take RevCMS for example, took over a year to see something that could be used in production. Also, just because I haven't released snippets doesn't mean the CMS can't be fast. Also, I'm not entirely sure Heaplink made the design - 70% of the CSS rules in the stylesheet weren't used, and it was apparently IceCron.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Going to need to see some code soon or I will be required to close the thread, although it's sounding good but I hate that you're using Revs installation design, makes me think I'm not going to see nothing special about this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread