[Dev] RevCMS Layout Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forget

Apr 3, 2012
It will be a hard thing to code, you will have to use lines and lines and lines of Ajax, JQuery, JavaScript and PHP. Also it will not work as good as you hoped.

Also once you release the code the person using the code will probally be begginers in this kind of codding so they will need to edit it all to there own server and allow IIS permissions to write and edit a directory.

Personally i think this is a bad project and it's not worth the time codding.

If you want to edit your CMS without logging into it just create a simple php shell that is guarded by a session manager and this will allow you to edit the code.

On topic: If you actually do this congratz, it will be a hard project and i don't see the point personally.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
It seems a good idea, but even if done you have to trust your staff with the code and ability to edit your files, this isn't something I could put trust into for them, and due to an account breach too it's not worth it if I'm honest, but it's something new and you'll learn from doing it, so I do say do it, but I wouldn't suggest using this, unless you can do something about security issues.

Settaz

PHP and C# Developer. Project Saturn Coming!
Jul 4, 2010
Maybe add where you need a second password set by the owner that's separate from the rest to access this. Like during setup or in config owner sets Second Pass to "blah". You will have to enter that to access this, or something of that nature. Just a thought.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Any updates on this? Interested in hearing more. - I do still think you need strict access on what is editable.

Forget

Apr 3, 2012
Any updates on this? Interested in hearing more. - I do still think you need strict access on what is editable.

It will just make you very vulnerable anyways... since you have to give the files full access of the computer so they can read, write, execute files... For the time it takes to code as well i don't think it's worth it since it's not going to be they way he hopes it to be. I think he think's it is easier than it actually is since first you need to movable divs and read and write commands in PHP, it will be over 500 lines of code.

If i was him i would stick to logging into the server or install webdav but add webdav security for remote access.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
It will just make you very vulnerable anyways... since you have to give the files full access of the computer so they can read, write, execute files... For the time it takes to code as well i don't think it's worth it since it's not going to be they way he hopes it to be. I think he think's it is easier than it actually is since first you need to movable divs and read and write commands in PHP, it will be over 500 lines of code.

If i was him i would stick to logging into the server or install webdav but add webdav security for remote access.

I do think it's not good enough to let others use, but then again it's an interesting project to see done - and another thing; even if you decide not to give staff access, you can still yourself edit anything you would like from anywhere.

That's is my opinion on it, personally. - I wouldn't run it live, but if I did, it would be for ME to use only.

Forget

Apr 3, 2012
I do think it's not good enough to let others use, but then again it's an interesting project to see done - and another thing; even if you decide not to give staff access, you can still yourself edit anything you would like from anywhere.

That's is my opinion on it, personally. - I wouldn't run it live, but if I did, it would be for ME to use only.

It could actually be a good idea actually, maybe not the editing the CMS but i think the code will come to good use for other RevCMS addons such as Habbo homes or even habbo groups since the JQuery and PHP behind them on UberCMS would take the **** to translate so RevCMS is able to use it since uberCMS use its own functions for querys and checks if user is logged in etc.

I hope he does release the code if he actually finished it:) i will then edit it and re release a class.homes.php and a profile.php so everyone can have the actual habbo hotel homes on there CMS.

Doubt he will finish the code though:) i think he is only new to codding and it is very hard to code something like this

NSA

sudo apt-get thefuckout.tar.gz
Dec 9, 2011
, since I'm finding it pretty easy to do, I wouldn't say I'm "new to coding".

For now, I've setup 2 main parts to the security; The first one asks the user to re-enter their password and checks that it mach's with the user's password that is currently logged in.

The other form will be an IP address checker.
The owner can set it up so that only certain IP addresses can access the files.
The page's are also wrapped into an "if" statement which checks for the users IP address.
There will be 2 places the file will check for the IP addresses.
1 will be in the database.
Another will be in a separate file stored on the main server with a list of "allowed" IP addresses.

While it may be annoying adding the IP addresses manually, I don't see another way of making it much more secure.

All in all, if you're going to risk storing user's information, you should have the appropriate security to keep their information secure.

It's coming along nicely and I should have an example up and running soon.

Forget

Apr 3, 2012
Hm well i suppose good luck then, this will be a long project....

What you codding it in?
PHP, Ajax, JQuery, CSS, HTML, Javascript?

NSA

sudo apt-get thefuckout.tar.gz
Dec 9, 2011
I'm coding* it in all of the above.
Not a lot of bare JavaScript though.

Reedz

#1 Baller
Jul 9, 2012
I do absolutely love the sound of this but as a few people have said already all someone has to do is get into a rank 10's account and then basically your hotel is well and truly fucked. Just think this through properly before you start it because you never know, this could possibly all go to pot and it would be a massive shame if you got your hopes up for it.

CosmoTrigger

Dec 30, 2012
Yea the cloudflare portion is really the only problem, but like noman said put it in dev mode, this idea sounds crazy good. I hope it turns out as well as it sounds!

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
Thread closed due to lack of recent updates, contact me if you wish for the thread to be re-opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread