Dev Radio?

Navigation

Posting Freak
Feb 15, 2012
It's just an idea, I don't know if anyone'll see my idea,

But a radio for DevBest/users?

We could do a vote on what genre, and have a pre-hosted.

Or self-hosted, idk?

Ideas?

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
It's not a bad idea, especially if members would "DJ" on it.

In the past we tried it with a sponsor, but it never actually worked out.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
Yeah we had it before, but Rasta here wouldn't open the airwaves up for me to DJ on it... so it was left content-less. The only problem with it is, we have no real need for a radio, as everyone in the community is interested in different music. Since the music we like is now always readily available for us with services like Spotify or Grooveshark, the need for a radio is non-existent. Since we are already connected as a community, there is no real community-based content that could be added to the radio.

Navigation

Posting Freak
Feb 15, 2012
Yeah we had it before, but Rasta here wouldn't open the airwaves up for me to DJ on it... so it was left content-less. The only problem with it is, we have no real need for a radio, as everyone in the community is interested in different music. Since the music we like is now always readily available for us with services like Spotify or Grooveshark, the need for a radio is non-existent. Since we are already connected as a community, there is no real community-based content that could be added to the radio.

Just a suggestion, But I was thinking of the idea of people connecting in different music cultures, rather than participating in their own music, and they can discuss it throughout Dev.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Would be good, but its just the cost i'd imagine and as said the people to actually DJ

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
I'd be up for DJing if this is actually made.
I'm not really doing anything else? :p

Blaze

Web Developer
Feb 24, 2011
Stay on topic to the actual thread title.
mhm, i make my own Radio servers, Because i own a c panel ;p

Jake7282

Believe you can and you're halfway there.
Jan 2, 2012
I could "DJ" 2 a day on weekend for 1 hours on weekdays 1 for 30 minutes..

Users who are viewing this thread