[DEV] NewSys 2.0 "Pokémon"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Hello,

After Ryan Gibbo created 1.0 and I joined the development team, we finished 1.0. This means we are now gonna work on Version 2.0 (Codename "Pokémon"). This next release will contain some awesome new features. We want to be the most stable and advanced News System around. And ofcourse, TOTALLY FREE.

However we will need your help with this, as we need an very great to-do list. Most of the ideas will be coded into 2.0, however we still want some stuff for 3.0 and further versions.

What will make 2.0 so special:
- Template engine
- Fast
- Secure
- Advanced AI (Admin Interface)
- A lot of great features
- Fancy
- Easy to use
- And many more

So, please share your ideas with us as we will code most of them in 2.0. In a couple of days we will add a donate option if you like the development. Donators will get a faster release and a DEMO account for the 2.0 development url.

E-mail: [email protected]
Developers: Ryan Gibbo (ryangibbo.com) & Wessel Verhey
1.0 "FOD" Release thread:

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Wessel Verhey & Ryan Gibbo

Current To-Do list:
- Easy to-use Template engine
- Catagory system
- Ban IP

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Sound good but a weird name. Good luck though.
We are gonna call every major release (1.0, 2.0, 3.0 ect.) after a show on TV. Like V1.0 is called "Fairly Odd Parents", or "FOP" for short. Thank you. :)

Thanks!

Alright - we want to choose 2 BETA testers from this forum (and 2 from a rival forum) to BETA test 2.0 in the future. They will get limited access to the 2.0 map without donating. If you are interested, please reply with a reason why we should choose you. ***YOU DON'T GET THE DOWNLOAD OR DONATOR STATUS**

In other news, we are gonna release 1.1 soon!

LoW

Learner.
Jun 16, 2011
We are gonna call every major release (1.0, 2.0, 3.0 ect.) after a show on TV. Like V1.0 is called "Fairly Odd Parents", or "FOP" for short. Thank you. :)

Thanks!

Alright - we want to choose 2 BETA testers from this forum (and 2 from a rival forum) to BETA test 2.0 in the future. They will get limited access to the 2.0 map without donating. If you are interested, please reply with a reason why we should choose you. ***YOU DON'T GET THE DOWNLOAD OR DONATOR STATUS**

In other news, we are gonna release 1.1 soon!
I can be a BETA Tester :)

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Sounds good, disliking the name, also, what's going to be special about the 'Ban IP' anything to it? Because it doesn't seem the hardest thing to create, but good luck.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Sounds good, disliking the name, also, what's going to be special about the 'Ban IP' anything to it? Because it doesn't seem the hardest thing to create, but good luck.

Thanks, the name is kinda a joke. However the plan on Ban IP is just a normal IP ban for commenters with a reason and stuff. If people want it to have special features, they would need to give ideas to us how we could improve it. I also didn't say it is hard to make.

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
Again I have to comment on the name as it kind of sucks tbh, I love the project but the names suck bad for it :L

Looking forward to further releases

Suggestions:

The ability to be able submit ban appeals and then view them in admin panel and unban users...
A site message / admin message, where you input a message and it will appear in all pages on the site. and a remove button.
I will think of some more..

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Again I have to comment on the name as it kind of sucks tbh, I love the project but the names suck bad for it :L

Looking forward to further releases

Suggestions:

The ability to be able submit ban appeals and then view them in admin panel and unban users...
A site message / admin message, where you input a message and it will appear in all pages on the site. and a remove button.
I will think of some more..

Good suggestions. Do you mean really on top of the page, or on top of the admin DIV etc.? And yes, we are gonna have an unban IP function within the Ban manager.

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
Good suggestions. Do you mean really on top of the page, or on top of the admin DIV etc.? And yes, we are gonna have an unban IP function within the Ban manager.
Like one for the admin page for the owner of site to post important messages to all staff and one that posts important messages on the main website like just a bar under the navigator that appears when a messages is input that displays the important message to site users..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread