Status
Not open for further replies.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Hey,

So I wana learn some PHP, So I'm going to do a basic login system and release it for you guys, It may have a style or not, I'M NOT SURE!.

Colour Key:
Green = Complete.
Red = Incomplete.
Orange = Complete but will add things to it.

Progress:
index.php - 100% - (Done everything but a style and some errors messages).
connect.php - 100% - (Could most likely add some errors to say what is incorrect, at the moment, it just reads it all).
login.php - 50% - (All functional, can login, however it's a bit nooby the method it does it in, I may improve it when I have time to practise it).
members.php - 100% - (Don't intend on doing anything on it, other than noting if you are logged in if so to say hello, and the logout button).
logout.php - 100% - (Nulls the session, sends you back to the index all good going).
register.php - 60% - (Nothing done, not even a single file yet).

I have coded no files at all, But I've done this before from tutorials, So it should only take me about 2 hours in total, (IF I DON'T GET BORED).

But yeah, If I think, Wow that was easy, I may add some more stuff to it, And possibly add a style. Who knows?

- Thanks (;

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Nice, good luck. Are you going to do a register also? ;P
Anyways, good luck, lol. ;)

Livar

Now 35% cooler!
Oct 15, 2010
Well, Kryptos, if it's a login system obviously a register ;L I will release my iUser System, when I get done with it, and get bored of it ;P Anyway's good luck!

and just check it out, at I haven't worked that much on it. Just used H4bboCMS style's tbh, will edit it soon.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Right,

I've done the connect.php (config), index.php just a simple form in a table, And I've done the user table just id, username and password.

I've done some of the login.php just a bit nooby, and still being done.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Right, Well, I've successfully coded the registrations, But, I couldn't do the substr's? or strstr function, I don't know. I'l research it, So at the moment, emails can be random like, "lol" and still work.

I'l do more work on this.

Livar

Now 35% cooler!
Oct 15, 2010
Nice work, Craig I could team up. Ima mix iUser System with it if you wan't? But yeah keep on going.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Thanks guys ^ Don't need much help at the moment, I'l go to the PHP website. But it's look good just need a template and stuff, Also passwords are now MD5.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Guys, I think I may just release this as it is. I'm not sure what else to add hmm.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Mhm... Sure, release it. ;D
But if you want to do some more, you could make it output how many people have registered.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
I've just done an error, I've set the passwords to MD5 on registrations.. BUT! When they login,I forgot, I have to make it so it reads the MD5 right?

Well, I'm not sure on how to do this. Anyone know?

I did this:

PHP:
if ($username && $password == md5($password))
{

Anyone know how I could make it work?

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
That should work I believe, I have a user system from PHPAcademy here and all it does in register.PHP is:
Code:
//encrypt password
** *$password = md5($password);

And in login.PHP is:

Code:
//encrypt form password
** * * $password = md5($password);

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
That should work I believe, I have a user system from PHPAcademy here and all it does in register.PHP is:
Code:
//encrypt password
** *$password = md5($password);

And in login.PHP is:

Code:
//encrypt form password
** * * $password = md5($password);

Thanks mate, I did the register.php, Just needed to finish the login.php, I was close, Just did "==" instead of "=".

Once again, Thanks :)

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
Good luck, I hope you get far... Once you release the codes I will build a style for it.
OFT: 200th Post!

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
I'm sorry but I'm no longer going to be releasing this, As I'm entering the coding competition, and it does include something like this, and it wouldn't be fair me releasing this and you guys suddenly entering in, and then we all get out of it cause the codes are the same lol.

But however they're all being released when finished.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread