Coronavirus: Should they be reducing lockdown restrictions? (England)

Should the lockdown restrictions in England be relaxed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Hey!

Boris has announced that in England the lockdown restrictions will be relaxed from July 4.

What are your thoughts on this? Opinions? Is this the right time to start easing things? What’s going on where you live?

You must be registered for see images attach

Personally, working in the hospitality sector, it’s kind of the right time but I don’t agree with putting money before lives. If they kept these businesses closed for another month it would impact us a hell of a lot, forcing businesses to close.

What are your views on a second spike happening?

Let me know!

Zombie

Absolute Legend
Jul 4, 2017
Hey!

Boris has announced that in England the lockdown restrictions will be relaxed from July 4.

What are your thoughts on this? Opinions? Is this the right time to start easing things? What’s going on where you live?

You must be registered for see images attach

Personally, working in the hospitality sector, it’s kind of the right time but I don’t agree with putting money before lives. If they kept these businesses closed for another month it would impact us a hell of a lot, forcing businesses to close.

What are your views on a second spike happening?

Let me know!

As much as im glad everything is slowly going back to normality. I can see us having a second peak which would affect life soo much worse. id be shocked if we didnt and im sure wed be one of very FEW that hasnt had it. I aint the goverment so i wouldnt judge it but the question we should be asking is..

Are we voting boris for the next electionnnnn??

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
i mean if we where going to have a second wave wouldn't it of happened by now? i've been working the whole time and it's just felt normal for me (obviously excepting staying 2m away from people)

Miserable

Apr 27, 2012
No. It's far too soon. Look at Germany, Spain, look at countries that had full control before it even started, and now look at them - all of them have seen spikes in their positive results! Do we even know if that's the full count of confirmed cases altogether? Absolutely not! We know for a fact that some people may not even know they've had it until it's too late and they've passed it on to what could be another 5 people. *to add onto this, all these countries have made masks mandatory where less than five feet of distance between people is not guaranteed (We're currently only wearing masks on public transport)

'However, we are still identifying small, controlled outbreaks in concrete places. And if these outbreaks are not controlled correctly, they could cause a new resurgence' - Fernando Simon, Spain’s chief epidemiologist.

Is our goverment really ready to control those small outbreaks that Spain are seeing? Could they keep it under control? I very much doubt it.

So, yes, I do think it's too soon. I also think letting our vunerable out freely is also a tragedy waiting to happen. Our beaches have even appeared in Australian newspaper headlines because it appears to them that we do not have control.

'

Last edited:

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
No. It's far too soon. Look at Germany, Spain, look at countries that had full control before it even started, and now look at them - all of them have seen spikes in their positive results! Do we even know if that's the full count of confirmed cases altogether? Absolutely not! We know for a fact that some people may not even know they've had it until it's too late and they've passed it on to what could be another 5 people. *to add onto this, all these countries have made masks mandatory where less than five feet of distance between people is not guaranteed (We're currently only wearing masks on public transport)

'However, we are still identifying small, controlled outbreaks in concrete places. And if these outbreaks are not controlled correctly, they could cause a new resurgence' - Fernando Simon, Spain’s chief epidemiologist.

Is our goverment really ready to control those small outbreaks that Spain are seeing? Could they keep it under control? I very much doubt it.

So, yes, I do think it's too soon. I also think letting our vunerable out freely is also a tragedy waiting to happen. Our beaches have even appeared in Australian newspaper headlines because it appears to them that we do not have control.

'
i literally left spain a week before it went into lockdown😂

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Weird how the protesting hasn’t caused a second spike, I know so many people who don’t even bother to social distance. Seems odd to me.

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Yes, somewhat, but I think it should be controlled and monitored closely. Like @Donkey said, we can't stay in lockdown forever, it'd be mentally exhausting, and probably worse for us all.

I think it's everyone responsibility to remain vigilant and distance themselves as much as possible. If they don't, then well we'll end up with a second wave and another lockdown with even stricter measures.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
Yes, somewhat, but I think it should be controlled and monitored closely. Like @Donkey said, we can't stay in lockdown forever, it'd be mentally exhausting, and probably worse for us all.

I think it's everyone responsibility to remain vigilant and distance themselves as much as possible. If they don't, then well we'll end up with a second wave and another lockdown with even stricter measures.
i mean people have been protesting, been on beaches/parks etc in groups without social distancing and we haven't had a second wave sooo👀

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
i mean people have been protesting, been on beaches/parks etc in groups without social distancing and we haven't had a second wave sooo👀
Yeah but still, don't think it's worth risking one really. Better safe than sorry

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Where I work we’ve spent hundreds/thousands of pounds on PPE and to follow the guidelines. One way system, more staff to manage numbers, toilets, screens up, more seating, outside bar etc

Users who are viewing this thread