Convert UberCMS to RevCMS

IcePhreak

Jan 8, 2014
I've tried every tutorial out there, but none of them work. Could someone please help, I need to keep my user table.

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Why is the uses table dropped? If it's the hashes you're worried about, then change the hash method on rev from it's original MD5 hashing to the hashing method of the UberCMS you've choosen

If it's the hashes you're worried about, then follow these instructions:
  1. If you're trying to convert from UberCMS (not the 2.0 edit by Jonty) to revCMS and want to keep the same database with the same data on it then do this:
    Go to 'app/class.core.php' then scroll all the way down and find 'final public function hashed($password)', when you find it, replace 'return md5($password);' by 'return(sha1($input, "xCg532%@%gdvf^5DGaa6&*rFTfg^FD4\$OIFThrR_gh(ugf*/"));' ( ).

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Well, the reason why I did not share the way to do this is because the hashing method in 2.0 needs both the password and the username, so if you're going to change the hashing method in rev to the one in 2.0, you'll have to change 'final public function hashed($password)' to 'final public function hashed($password, $username)' and when it's called in action, you'll have to change '$core->hashed($passwordhere)' to '$core->hashed($passwordhere, $usernamehere)', and you'll have to change that everywhere the hashing is needed, so if you're going to bother doing that, then I can help you, if not then...

Jmando

Mar 5, 2012
Well, the reason why I did not share the way to do this is because the hashing method in 2.0 needs both the password and the username, so if you're going to change the hashing method in rev to the one in 2.0, you'll have to change 'final public function hashed($password)' to 'final public function hashed($password, $username)' and when it's called in action, you'll have to change '$core->hashed($passwordhere)' to '$core->hashed($passwordhere, $usernamehere)', and you'll have to change that everywhere the hashing is needed, so if you're going to bother doing that, then I can help you, if not then...
Hey, I would like to do this for 2.0 if you mind explaining to me in more detail!

Users who are viewing this thread