Cheap and Cheerful Fancy Dress

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
So got a house party coming soon and it's a fancy dress (unfortunately).. I also have a couple festivals coming up so can't be spending too much money on something I'll only probably wear once..

Any ideas on something fairly cheap to do but wouldn't look shitty?

@Donkjam

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Pimp? The brick suit like I have? There tonnes of designs. We wore at races last week and it got ALOT of attention ha everyone wanted pics with us

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
So got a house party coming soon and it's a fancy dress (unfortunately).. I also have a couple festivals coming up so can't be spending too much money on something I'll only probably wear once..

Any ideas on something fairly cheap to do but wouldn't look shitty?

@Donkjam
Go as you are.
Them: dude it's fancy Dress?
you: so you're saying I;m not fancy?

Problem solved :)

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Go as you are.
Them: dude it's fancy Dress?
you: so you're saying I;m not fancy?

Problem solved :)
Can't really see how that solves the problem, as he'll probably respond along the lines of "Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

@Sysode, man you can buy like a simple suit for around 50 pounds. Just get some dark jeans, a nice blouse and a fancy jacket. You can get a cheap nice looking tie, and you're done. Don't overdress with a full business suit. Stay who you are, keep it slightly casual.

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
Can't really see how that solves the problem, as he'll probably respond along the lines of "Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

@Sysode, man you can buy like a simple suit for around 50 pounds. Just get some dark jeans, a nice blouse and a fancy jacket. You can get a cheap nice looking tie, and you're done. Don't overdress with a full business suit. Stay who you are, keep it slightly casual.
I was Clearly joking & I'm 100% sure he knows that too.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012

Its more of a joke party than dressing smart though so I'll go as something retarded :p
I was Clearly joking & I'm 100% sure he knows that too.
Yeah, I knew that :) thanks for the immense help (y)

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Go 1920s gangster (Al Capone etc) all you need is a suit, tie and fedora and boom, you're done (Maybe a plastic machine gun and a fake cigar)

penn%20gangster%20550.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread