Bootloader for Windows 8 and Macintosh(Hackintosh)

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
Hello i have installed hackintosh on my computer with this setup
  1. AMD FX
  2. AMD HD 6770 1GB DDR5 Video Card
  3. 1TB HDD partitioned 500GB* for windows and 500GB* for the macintosh OS (OSX?)
I was wondering if there was a custom boot loader i could use to boot both operating systems? at the moment if i don't have the niresh distro usb installer plugged in i can't boot into my windows partition.

i could fix the windows boot loader and have it boot up instead of osx with bootrec?
does any one know if grub would work? if it does i could just install a very small linux/gnu distro to handler booting up operating systems.

if there is no way of doing this then oh well ill just continue using niresh usb loader and fix windows loader with bootrec and test my applications only when i need too

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Had the same problem a while back but with different OS's, fixed my mbr and now I can select which OS to boot from on startup. What OS are you wanting the boot loader on?

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
Had the same problem a while back but with different OS's, fixed my mbr and now I can select which OS to boot from on startup. What OS are you wanting the boot loader on?
Well i wan't the option to be able to boot both operating systems windows 10 and Mavericks Hackintosh.
I know how to repair windows 10 boot loader but i want to know how to dual boot them. At the moment it just boots into osx and i have no clue how to use mavericks..

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Well i wan't the option to be able to boot both operating systems windows 10 and Mavericks Hackintosh.
I know how to repair windows 10 boot loader but i want to know how to dual boot them. At the moment it just boots into osx and i have no clue how to use mavericks..
If they are on different drives you could manually select which OS to boot from the BIOS :rolleyes: or if you just wanted a menu on start up straight up to choose which to boot from you could use something like

Users who are viewing this thread