Blocks gives a lot of lag.

pau

Oct 26, 2016
Hello,
I'm the technic of a Habbo Retro and when you put a lot of blocks to the room it gives u a lot of lag.
It's normal?
How to fix it?
Tnx u!

Hypothesis

Programmer
Jan 6, 2019
Which blocks are you referring to? Animated furni blocks or?? If so, it may be caused by the amount of threads being sent to your emulator at once and your server may not be able to process that many threads at one time with the current CPU and/or RAM allocated.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Probably your server, the less you pay the more lag you would encounter with things like this.

Try to avoid a lot of customs or add a limit of furniture per room.

pau

Oct 26, 2016
Which blocks are you referring to? Animated furni blocks or?? If so, it may be caused by the amount of threads being sent to your emulator at once and your server may not be able to process that many threads at one time with the current CPU and/or RAM allocated.
The blocks of large blocks and all that.
The VPS is of 8GB Ram.
Post automatically merged:

Probably your server, the less you pay the more lag you would encounter with things like this.

Try to avoid a lot of customs or add a limit of furniture per room.
Idk, but the VPS is of 8gb Ram. Idk how to fix it...

Hypothesis

Programmer
Jan 6, 2019
The blocks of large blocks and all that.
The VPS is of 8GB Ram.

Idk, but the VPS is of 8gb Ram. Idk how to fix it...
RAM is only one of the things that affects performance. I've had 12GB of RAM on a server, client performance was still trash. It depends on your processor and how many threads it can run at once. How many processors do you have? Even with a 12GB RAM, if too many threads are being collected at once, it'll surely cause lag if the processor isn't powerful enough to handle it.

pau

Oct 26, 2016
RAM is only one of the things that affects performance. I've had 12GB of RAM on a server, client performance was still trash. It depends on your processor and how many threads it can run at once. How many processors do you have? Even with a 12GB RAM, if too many threads are being collected at once, it'll surely cause lag if the processor isn't powerful enough to handle it.
4 Cores.
8GB RAM.
160 GB SSD.

pau

Oct 26, 2016
Ah, I've only used 1&1 for domains, never used their servers. Anyways, are you using the default version of Plus Emulator? Have you yourself modified your emulator in any way?
I'm using Slopt Emulator, a plus emu edit.

Ah, I've only used 1&1 for domains, never used their servers. Anyways, are you using the default version of Plus Emulator? Have you yourself modified your emulator in any way?
And no, I have not edited the emulator...

Hypothesis

Programmer
Jan 6, 2019
I'm using Slopt Emulator, a plus emu edit.

And no, I have not edited the emulator...
Ever thought the one who made the edits to the emulator messed with the way rooms handle furniture and it's possibly a bug with furniture count in rooms? Have you tried using default Plus Emulator? I've never experienced this, and I've made full sized event rooms with tons of builder blocks. The only possible issue has to do with the way your emulator handles furniture or it's your processor, but if you have 4 cores, I don't think CPU is the problem.

pau

Oct 26, 2016
Ever thought the one who made the edits to the emulator messed with the way rooms handle furniture and it's possibly a bug with furniture count in rooms? Have you tried using default Plus Emulator? I've never experienced this, and I've made full sized event rooms with tons of builder blocks. The only possible issue has to do with the way your emulator handles furniture or it's your processor, but if you have 4 cores, I don't think CPU is the problem.
And how I can fix it?
I don't want to reset the DB.
May you try the hotel to know if u have lag?

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
I highly recommend using the original Plus emulator that Sledmore released, there could be so many implications with the edited source you’ve got.

Try and see if other people have the same issue, could be your PC at home, browser or your internet, these all need to be considered.

pau

Oct 26, 2016
I highly recommend using the original Plus emulator that Sledmore released, there could be so many implications with the edited source you’ve got.

Try and see if other people have the same issue, could be your PC at home, browser or your internet, these all need to be considered.
And how I can do it without lose the rooms, ...?

Users who are viewing this thread